Blueberry Ice Box Cake ~ Easy, No Bake Dessert Recipe Stacked with Coconut Cookies, Creamy Topping and Blueberry Pie Filling!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hi there! How is everyone? Hope you are having a wonderful summer. It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. & I’m back today to share one of our family’s favorite no-bake treats, Blueberry Ice Box Cake. I love making ice box cakes because of their simplicity. How can you go wrong with something that is so quick to make & yet so delicious? I tend to make these quite frequently this time of year because I am also making an abundance of pie filling. Oddly enough we typically use pie filling for just about everything but pie. It’s so easy & a great way to use all that fruit from your garden. It certainly is a delicious addition to this ice box cake.
Now there are many different ways to make an ice box cake. Most of the time I go with a graham cracker as the crunch layer. But this time I wanted a round cake, so I mentioned to the hubs that I would love for him to pick me up some sort of thin wafer type cookie to use. I had a thin gingersnap or lemon cookie in mind. But he came home with these thinner style coconut macaroons instead. It wasn’t what I had in mind but really turned out even better than I originally hoped.
After whipping up the creamy filling it’s really as easy as layering it all together & letting the refrigerator do the rest. Just cookies, cream, pie filling & repeat until you reach the top of your pan. Then you just pop it in the refrigerator to let the the cookies soften for a couple hours & it’s done. I told you it was SO EASY! I guess that’s why we make these again & again.
The flavors of the coconut in the cookies with the creamy spread & blueberry pie filling all come together so nicely. It’s absolutely delicious. We will be making this version again & again.
What’s your favorite no-bake treat this time of year?
- 1 (16 ounce) tub whipped topping- thawed - divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 package coconut macaroon cookies (at least 15-20 cookies)
- 10 ounces homemade blueberry pie filling
- Line a tall 8" round cake pan with parchment
- Add cookies to the bottom of the pan to make one layer
- In a separate bowl - beat cream cheese until soft
- Add confectioners sugar & extract - beat until combined
- fold in thawed whipped topping
- Spread a few spoonfuls over your layer of cookies
- Add a layer of blueberry pie filling
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until you reach the top of your pan - ending with a dollop of pie filling
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the cookies to soften
- I like to make this the night before & freeze. Then transfer to refrigerator in the morning & keep there until serving.
- Top with additional blueberry pie filling when serving
Things You Might Need for This Recipe!
Connect with Gina here!
Looking for more simple summer desserts??
Thank you for spending your day with me today! I love being here with you!