Blueberry Ice Box Cake ~ Easy, No Bake Dessert Recipe Stacked with Coconut Cookies, Creamy Topping and Blueberry Pie Filling!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hi there! How is everyone? Hope you are having a wonderful summer. It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. & I’m back today to share one of our family’s favorite no-bake treats, Blueberry Ice Box Cake. I love making ice box cakes because of their simplicity. How can you go wrong with something that is so quick to make & yet so delicious? I tend to make these quite frequently this time of year because I am also making an abundance of pie filling. Oddly enough we typically use pie filling for just about everything but pie. It’s so easy & a great way to use all that fruit from your garden. It certainly is a delicious addition to this ice box cake.
Now there are many different ways to make an ice box cake. Most of the time I go with a graham cracker as the crunch layer. But this time I wanted a round cake, so I mentioned to the hubs that I would love for him to pick me up some sort of thin wafer type cookie to use. I had a thin gingersnap or lemon cookie in mind. But he came home with these thinner style coconut macaroons instead. It wasn’t what I had in mind but really turned out even better than I originally hoped.
After whipping up the creamy filling it’s really as easy as layering it all together & letting the refrigerator do the rest. Just cookies, cream, pie filling & repeat until you reach the top of your pan. Then you just pop it in the refrigerator to let the the cookies soften for a couple hours & it’s done. I told you it was SO EASY! I guess that’s why we make these again & again.
The flavors of the coconut in the cookies with the creamy spread & blueberry pie filling all come together so nicely. It’s absolutely delicious. We will be making this version again & again.
What’s your favorite no-bake treat this time of year?
Blueberry Ice Box Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) tub whipped topping- thawed - divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 package coconut macaroon cookies (at least 15-20 cookies)
- 10 ounces homemade blueberry pie filling
- Line a tall 8" round cake pan with parchment
- Add cookies to the bottom of the pan to make one layer
- In a separate bowl - beat cream cheese until soft
- Add confectioners sugar & extract - beat until combined
- fold in thawed whipped topping
- Spread a few spoonfuls over your layer of cookies
- Add a layer of blueberry pie filling
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until you reach the top of your pan - ending with a dollop of pie filling
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the cookies to soften
- I like to make this the night before & freeze. Then transfer to refrigerator in the morning & keep there until serving.
- Top with additional blueberry pie filling when serving
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 348kcal Calories from fat 208|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Things You Might Need for This Recipe!
Connect with Gina here!
Looking for more simple summer desserts??
Thank you for spending your day with me today! I love being here with you!