Blueberry Lemonade – Light and refreshing homemade lemonade flavored with fresh blueberries.
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hello, everyone! This is Allison from Celebrating Sweets. I’m back with another tasty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Does it feel like Spring where you live? Here in Arizona, the weather is absolutely beautiful right now. We’ve been taking trips to the park, firing up our grill, and eating dinner in the backyard. We have to enjoy it while we can, because Summer here is brutal (100°+). Ugghh. I’m dreading it.
On the bright side, warm weather means we can indulge in things like ice cream, popsicles, and lemonade! Hooray! I’m always looking for a reason to make and eat something sweet. Ha!
In anticipation of the warm weather ahead, I’m bringing you my favorite lemonade recipe – Blueberry Lemonade. It is super easy and only requires 4 ingredients. This lemonade is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, and it is loaded with fresh blueberries.
I love making homemade lemonade because it allows me to control the quality and quantity of ingredients. Plus, there are so many different variations. You could swap out the blueberries for another berry, if you’d prefer. Strawberries or blackberries would both be delicious! Taste as you go, you can always add more sugar, lemon juice, or water to make this lemonade exactly how you want it.
I like to serve this in mason jars filled with ice and garnished with lemon slices and blueberries. You could even use frozen blueberries to keep it extra cold.
The adults and kids in my family all loved this lemonade. This recipe will be my go-to this Spring and Summer, and I hope it will be yours too.
Bring on the warm weather! Cheers!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- Lemon slices and blueberries to garnish, if desired
- Place the blueberries, sugar and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed for about 1 minute, until the blueberries are completely pureed. Strain the blueberry puree through a fine mesh sieve (or skip this step if you don't mind small pieces of blueberry in your lemonade).
- Combine the blueberry puree with lemon juice and the remaining 3 cups of water. Add more water, if desired. Stir well, and chill. Serve over ice.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 785kcal Calories from fat 12|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: