This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is made with an easy blueberry syrup. It’s so refreshing, sweet and tangy. Grab a big mug on a hot summer day. It’s the perfect way to cool down this summer, plus it’s only four ingredients!
This Homemade Blueberry is so easy that it only requires four ingredients. Actually, only three if you don’t count the water because is water really an ingredient. You just toss the ingredients in a blender, squeeze some lemon juice, add some water viola you are on your way to enjoying a cold glass of Homemade Blueberry Lemonade!
Does it feel like Spring where you live? Here in Arizona, the weather is absolutely beautiful right now. We’ve been taking trips to the park, firing up our grill, and eating dinner in the backyard. We have to enjoy it while we can, because Summer here is brutal (100°+). Ugghh. I’m dreading it, but if I have a big glass of this refreshing Blueberry Lemonade I might just make it through the hot weather!
On the bright side, warm weather means we can indulge in things like ice cream, popsicles, and lemonade! Hooray! I’m always looking for a reason to make and eat something sweet. Ha!
In anticipation of the warm weather ahead, I’m bringing you my favorite lemonade recipe – Blueberry Lemonade. It is super easy and only requires 4 ingredients. This lemonade is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, and it is loaded with fresh blueberries.
I love making homemade lemonade because it allows me to control the quality and quantity of ingredients. Plus, there are so many different variations. You could swap out the blueberries for another berry, if you’d prefer. Strawberries or blackberries would both be delicious! Taste as you go, you can always add more sugar, lemon juice, or water to make this lemonade exactly how you want it. This blueberry lemonade is great for the kiddos, but if you want a spiked lemonade you might like Pink Moscato Lemonade, too!
I like to serve this in mason jars filled with ice and garnished with lemon slices and blueberries. You could even use frozen blueberries to keep it extra cold.
The adults and kids in my family all loved this lemonade. This recipe will be my go-to this Spring and Summer, and I hope it will be yours too.
Bring on the warm weather! Invited your friends over and have a party!
What Do I Need to Make Blueberry Lemonade
- Fresh blueberries
- Granulated sugar
- Cold water
How Do You Make Blueberry Lemonade
This is so simply that you’ll be enjoying a big glass of Blueberry Lemonade in no time!
First you just dump the blueberries, sugar and 1 cup of water in a blender. Blend this on medium-high speed for about 1 minute or until the blueberries are pureed.
Next you want to strain the blueberry puree through a fine mesh sieve if you don’t want the small pieces of blueberry in your lemonade. If you don’t mind them skip this step!
Pour the blueberry puree in a pitcher and add the lemon juice, stir. Then add the remaining 3 cups of water and you are done!
Stir, chill and serve this blueberry lemonade over ice on a hot summer day!
More Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Sangria
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
Check out this recipe to see how easy it is to make this Homemade Blueberry Lemonade recipe!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS BLUEBERRY LEMONADE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ?Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 c. cold water divided
- Lemon slices and blueberries to garnish if desired
- Place the blueberries, sugar and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed for about 1 minute, until the blueberries are completely pureed. Strain the blueberry puree through a fine mesh sieve (or skip this step if you don't mind small pieces of blueberry in your lemonade).
- Combine the blueberry puree with lemon juice and the remaining 3 cups of water. Add more water, if desired. Stir well, and chill. Serve over ice.
- Strawberries can be swapped for blueberries to make Strawberry Lemonade
- Blackberries swapped for the blueberries would be delicious!
- Taste as you go, you can always add more sugar, lemon juice, or water to make this lemonade exactly how you want it.
- Swap the sugar for honey.
- Add a bit of vodka to the mixture to for a spiked lemonade.
- You will want to make sure you have a blender to make this lemonade. My favorite blender is this one, but if you are on more of a budget this one is great too!
- I like to serve this in mason jars filled with ice and garnished with lemon slices and blueberries. You could even use frozen blueberries to keep it extra cold.
- Straining the blueberry puree is optional. You can see fleck of blueberries in these photos because I didn’t strain it. It will give you more nutrients and antioxidants if you leave them in, but for a less cloudy final result you can strain it.
- Did you know if you microwave lemons they are easier to squeeze? Just warm them up for a few seconds or make sure they are room temperature.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: