Love going to a restaurant and getting breakfast potatoes? Now you can make them at home and they are even better! Roasted potatoes with bacon, red and green peppers tossed with seasonings. They are easy, crispy and delicious!
You know those delicious potatoes you get when you go out for brunch or breakfast? The crispy ones with the bacon and peppers? Well, I’m showing you how to make them at home, and you are going to love them.
They are easy enough for a regular weekend breakfast and perfect for holiday brunches. They have the best seasoning and come out of the oven hot and crispy around the edges. Plus, they go with all of your favorite dishes like scrambled eggs, pancakes, or French toast!
You Will Love These Breakfast Potatoes!
- Sometimes they’re called home fries or oven potatoes, but whatever you want to call them, they are delicious!
- They are easy to make from scratch, and then you roast them until the potatoes are tender, golden, and crispy around the edges. They smell amazing while they cook!
- They are the perfect side dish because they go with so many breakfast main dishes.
- This recipe is so easy you won’t need to go out to get them from a restaurant – you will love making them at home!
- Diced russet potatoes
- Diced red and green bell peppers
- Chopped cooked bacon – this is optional!
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Oven Potatoes
Place the diced potatoes and peppers in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss to coat everything evenly.
In a small bowl, mix the salt, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, and pepper. Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the potatoes and peppers. Stir them to coat them evenly, and then add the rest of the seasonings and stir again.
Spread it all on a baking sheet in an even layer. Roast them for 20 to 30 minutes at 400°F or until the potatoes are golden and tender.
Take the sheet pan out of the oven and sprinkle the chopped bacon and parsley over the top for garnish.
You can prep parts of the recipe the night before to make things easy in the morning!
You can chop the peppers and keep them in a container in the fridge. You can mix the seasonings and keep them in a bowl with a lid.
I don’t recommend dicing the potatoes ahead of time because they will brown if left out too long. Wait to do that before you roast them.
The bacon is optional for this recipe, but it really adds a lot of flavor! Cook the bacon in the oven to make it easy, or you can cook it in a skillet while the potatoes are roasting.
The leftovers will keep well for a few days in the fridge. Just pop them in the microwave to warm them up!
Make It a Complete Breakfast!
Want some amazing breakfast dishes to go with this amazing side? Here are some of our favorites!
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are crispy and perfect for dipping! They’re a great finger food for a holiday breakfast.
- Make a Dutch Baby Pancake to go with them! It’s easier than regular pancakes and just as delicious.
- My Spinach Frittata is delicious with hot breakfast potatoes. It’s also really easy to make!
- Make a batch of Breakfast Quesadillas to go with them – it’s a delicious combo!
Once you give these homemade breakfast potatoes a try you’ll skip them at the restaurant! They’re so good hot from the oven – your family is going to love them!
Did you try it and love it? Be sure to comment and rate the recipe below, I definitely want to hear from you!
And if you’re like me and snap photos be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!!
- 2-3 large russet potatoes peeled if desired and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 4-5 strips bacon cooked and chopped, optional
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and chop potatoes and peppers then add to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley and black pepper. Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the potato mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle remaining seasonings and stir again.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped bacon over potatoes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- You can prep parts of the recipe the night before to make things easy in the morning!
- You can chop the peppers and keep them in a container in the fridge. You can mix the seasonings and keep them in a bowl with a lid.
- I don’t recommend dicing the potatoes ahead of time because they will brown if left out too long. Wait to do that before you roast them.
- The bacon is optional for this recipe, but it really adds a lot of flavor! Cook the bacon in the oven to make it easy, or you can cook it in a skillet while the potatoes are roasting.
- The leftovers will keep well for a few days in the fridge. Just pop them in the microwave to warm them up!