Candy Corn Quesadillas ~ Festive and fun meal to celebrate Halloween! Filled with corn, chicken, cheese and topped with Queso, chips, sour cream and cheese!Are you officially all ready for Halloween? The candy’s bought (obviously this has happened multiple times because you eat it before Halloween comes right?!), the decorations are up, the kids costumes are bought or if you are a rock star made. For the record mine kid’s costume is bought, well actually part of it is made due to the fact her daycare provider is insanely talented and a true jem and helped me out!
Are you one of those couples that goes out and like “goes all out”? I always remember at the bars all these couples would be in these cool costumes with each other and then there’s me…regular clothes….the hubs right next to me…regular clothes. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not a fun hater. In fact I was totally jealous of all those people. I just lack majorly in this costume area. Like I think my brain cells forgot to populate in that area of my brain. It’s pathetic. My kids will probably have a traumatic childhood due to this. So to make up for it I’ll just make them fun Halloween treats and send them to their parties. Then no one will care because they will be distracted by sugar!
It will totally work right?
So do you go all out and go Trick or Treating? Or do you plan a party for the kids? We always go over to the siblings houses and show off Miss K along with the grandparents. I usually time the stop at my Mom’s house for supper time! Tricky aren’t I?
Now if I wasn’t so tricky and deceiving I’d make sure to have a fun festive meal on Halloween because well it’s FUN! These Candy Corn Quesadillas would be a huge hit with the kids on Halloween!
Put these on your Halloween menu and impress your family! Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Candy Corn Quesadillas
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 c. corn
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 8 flour tortillas, soft shell sized
- 1/2 c. salsa con queso dip, warmed
- 2 2/3 c. crushed nacho-flavored chips
- 3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/ c. sour cream
- In a large skillet pan combine the first 4 ingredients and 1 c. shredded cheese. Heat through. Stir occasionally as they warm. Brush butter over one side of each soft shell.
- In a separate large skillet place one tortilla, buttered side down. Spread a 1/4 of the chicken mixture over the tortilla. Top with another soft shell, buttered side up. Cook low-medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bottom is lightly golden brown. Flip quesadilla over.
- Spread 1/4 c. queso dip over quesadilla. Sprinkle shredded cheese along outer edge of quesadilla. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove quesadilla to a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed chips over queso dip leaving out edge chip free. Cut into six wedges. Place a small dollop of sour cream at the tip of each wedge.
|Serving Size||1 quesadilla|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1130kcal Calories from fat 775|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 86g||132%|
|Saturated Fat 46g||230%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Looking for more Halloween Treats?