Caramel Apple Muffins ~ Love Caramel Apples? Get all the flavor in these muffins full of caramel bits, cinnamon and apples!
Do you love caramel apples as much as me? The just say “Fall” to me when I see them coming out on store shelves. But they are so messy! Who’s with me on that?
That’s why I adore these little Caramel Apple Muffins. I get all the flavors of a caramel apple stuffed into a muffin. What’s not to love about that? They are the perfect breakfast treat to warm your belly up on a brisk fall morning. Just ask my brother-in-law.
He called the other Saturday morning and we may have been still in bed at 8 am. Shhhh don’t tell anyone. When I heard he was coming over because he was missing Miss K, which who wouldn’t miss that kid, I bounded out of bed and ran to the kitchen to surprise him with these muffins. Great sis-in-law aren’t I?
He was welcomed into our house to the sweet aroma of cinnamon baking away in these perfect little muffins. My husband promptly inhaled 5, yes I said 5, of these muffins so I think they are definitely a keeper!
Caramel Apple Muffins
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. caramel bits
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. quick cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Whisk together egg, milk, butter and vanilla in another bowl. Stir into dry ingredients until just mixed. Fold in the apple and caramels.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups or greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the muffin batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1 Muffin|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 223kcal Calories from fat 63|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe Adapted From: Taste of Home