Cauliflower Bites in Honey Sriracha Sauce make a delicious and filling vegetarian meal that is a delicious balance of sweet and spicy!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hi there! I’m Jessica and I blog at Jessiker Bakes, where I share healthy, delicious recipes with a twist and my favorite desserts.
Cauliflower has long been one of my favorite vegetables because of how versatile it is. The first time I made Cauliflower Wings we were shocked as to just how much it tasted like nuggets – except so much softer and it seemed to have absorbed the flavors so well! Ever since then I’ve loved it as a way to introduce a meatless recipe that still tasted hearty and incredibly delicious.
These cauliflower bites are definitely my favorite cauliflower recipe so far. The almond milk coating provides a lighter battering process than egg and milk, but works just as well. The panko breadcrumbs (or just regular toasted breadcrumbs) create a crunchy exterior and the honey Sriracha sauce creates such a delicious and spicy flavor! The sauce was definitely favorite part and if you lessened the Sriracha a bit, these could easily be served to younger children but are currently at a perfect light spice level for older children and adults. Baking the cauliflower softens it so you would never know you weren’t eating your favorite chicken nuggets!
Cauliflower Bites in Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Mix almond milk, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder together in a bowl. Add cornstarch, whisking together to prevent lumps from forming. Set aside.
- Remove florets from the cauliflower (aka don't use the stem).
- Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces, the desired size of your bites.
- Toss the cauliflower in the almond milk mixture made earlier until wet.
- Season the panko bread crumbs with remaining salt ground black pepper and then toss the cauliflower in the bread crumbs until coated.
- Spread out on cookie sheet, and spray the bites with a cooking spray again to help with color and crisping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk and serve with bites.
You can use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. You can make this vegan by using maple syrup instead.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1052kcal Calories from fat 97|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||56%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|