A quick and easy appetizer, dinner or lunch that you can use leftover turkey in or sliced deli turkey. Pile those buns with turkey, bacon and cheese then brush the tops with rich buttery topping and poppy seeds. These little turkey sliders are mouthwatering!
There’s just something about picking up a slider and digging in. The convenience of the small sandwich and knowing it’s going to be mouthwatering. These little sliders are stuffed with turkey, bacon, cheese and brushed with a butter honey mustard sauce plus Poppy Seeds. The are so easy to make and the perfect quick and easy lunch, dinner or appetizer when entertaining.
Why this recipe works:
- Easy to assemble!
- Perfect for using up leftover turkey.
- Can prep ahead of time and even freeze for later.
These are so delicious and savory that we know you’ll be coming back for seconds!
- Slider Buns – We love Hawaiian rolls for extra flavor, but any slider bun will work.
- Turkey – Either leftover turkey or sliced deli turkey. Another option would be to use sliced ham!
- Bacon – I grab the microwavable bacon for these to save on time, but you can prepare it on the stove top or bake your bacon too.
- Provolone Cheese – Other great cheeses to use would be Havarti, Swiss, Mozzarella, Cheddar etc.
- Honey Mustard – Another option would be Dijon mustard.
- Poppy Seeds
Only 3 Easy Steps to Prepare
- Assemble – Slice slider buns horizontally and arrange the bottom of the buns in a 9×13 baking dish. Layer turkey, bacon and cheese on top of the rolls and place tops on buns. Cut in between the slider buns to separate.
- Top – Mix together butter, honey mustard and poppy seeds in small bowl. Brush mixture on the rolls to cover the buns and drip between them.
- Bake – Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Prep Ahead of Time!
One thing that’s great about these little sliders is that you can prep them ahead of time which is great for when you are hosting.
Simply assemble the sliders and mix up the butter sauce, but do not top the buns with the sauce until right before baking.
Cover your casserole pan with the buns tightly with Saran wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator.
Mix together your sauce and a bowl and set aside.
When it’s time to make the sliders simply remove them from the refrigerator while the oven preheats. When the oven is preheated top the buns with buttery sauce and bake. It might take a few minutes longer to bake since they won’t be at room temperature.
Want to prep and freeze these?
Simply assemble the sandwiches, store in airtight container in freezer for up to two months.
When you are ready to enjoy them remove them from freezer and bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until they are warm and cheese is melted through.
- No one can ever turn down a classic Ham and Cheese Slider!
- Switch up your pizza night with these easy Pepperoni Pizza Sliders that make a great lunch, dinner or appetizer!
- Start your day off with these Breakfast Sliders stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon!
- Got leftover brisket? These Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions are delicious. Or make your Brisket in the Instant Pot!
Please take a moment and leave a five star comment below, I know you’ll love this soup!
Or if it’s easier, tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats – I can’t wait to see what’s cooking in your house!
- 15 slider buns
- 1 lb shredded turkey
- 1 lb bacon cooked
- 1 8 oz package sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 3 Tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Slice slider buns horizontally and arrange the bottom of the buns in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Layer turkey, bacon and cheese on top of the rolls and place tops on buns.
- Cut in between the slider buns to separate.
- Mix together butter, honey mustard and poppy seeds in small bowl. Brush mixture on the rolls to cover the buns and drip between them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.