Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Quick and easy dinner recipe with all the flavor of pot pie. These Mini Chicken Pot Pies have Grands Biscuits that are loaded with chicken, cheese and mixed vegetables in a muffin tin.
These mini chicken pot pies are the easiest way to make and eat pot pie! Instead of making a big chicken pot pie, I love to make little ones in a muffin pan. They’re so cute and so delicious. It’s classic comfort food but mini!
They are great for dinner, along with some ranch carrots or air fryer broccoli on the side. Or, you can serve them as a snack for parties or game days. Either way, everyone will love these little chicken pot pies!
Why This Recipe Works
- For this recipe, I use Pillsbury biscuits instead of pie crust. It makes it so easy! The biscuits work just as well as pie dough for holding the chicken filling and they bake up nice and flaky.
- There really isn’t much prep work with these – I use a vegetable medley with frozen peas, green beans, and carrots so there’s nothing to chop. It’s a great shortcut.
- The pot pie filling also has cream of chicken soup – it’s easy and gives the filling so much flavor.
- They’re easy to assemble and smell amazing while they bake!
This recipe is such a fun and yummy way to make chicken pot pie. My kids love anything in mini form and gobble them up when I make them!
- Frozen mixed vegetables – Leave them out to thaw before using them or place them in a colander and run warm water over them to thaw.
- Diced cooked chicken – Or use leftover shredded chicken, turkey or canned chicken
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried minced onions
How to Make Mini Pot Pies
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray or butter.
Combine the thawed veggies, chicken, soup, cheese, garlic powder, and onions in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
Press each biscuit so it’s approximately 5 1/2-inches round. Place each one in the muffin pan. Form the biscuit so it’s covering the bottom of the muffin cups and up the sides so you have enough to overhang the edge of the mold.
Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the dough and then pull the edges of the dough over the filling towards the center. Pinch the edge of the dough to hold it in place.
Bake the mini chicken pot pies for 20 to 22 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Let them cool in the pan for one minute before serving them.
What to Serve With Them
Dinner: Add a side of French fries, roasted cauliflower, or serve these bites with a bowl of tomato soup.
Appetizer: These are a great party snack! Serve them alongside other snacks like crockpot ranch mushrooms, tortilla pinwheels, and homemade ranch dip with dippers for a great party spread.
Chicken: You can cook chicken breasts for this recipe or it’s a great way to use up leftover chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store to make it even easier. Another idea is to use canned chicken just drain it and add it!
Veggies: Use your favorite combo of frozen vegetables for this recipe. Frozen broccoli, green beans, peas, carrots, and cauliflower are all great. A combination of any of them will work, too!
Garnish Ideas: Serve them just as the are or sprinkle a little grated Parmesan cheese over the top. A sprinkle of chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper is delicious, too.
If you’re craving comforting chicken pot pie, but don’t want to deal with the fuss of making a big one, give this recipe try! These mini chicken pot pies deliver on all the cozy comfort but are so much easier to make.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken is creamy delicious chicken that is delicious served on buns or with pasta or rice!
- Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos for your next taco Tuesday!
- Skip the takeout and make my easy Orange Chicken!
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken is crispy and perfectly seasoned. They’re great as an appetizer or snack or make them for dinner.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 10 3/4 ounces can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 16.3 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken, soup, cheese, garlic powder and onions; mix well.
- Take each biscuit and press into a 5 1/2 inc round. Place each biscuit into a greased muffin cup. Press in bottom and up the side with some of the biscuit hanging over the edge of the tin. Spoon 1/8 of the chicken mixture into each biscuit. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place.
- Bake at 375°F 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
Leave a Comment