It’s not pasta night without this delicious Cheesy Garlic Bread that’s ready in less than 20 minutes. Just mix up your cheesy garlic topping, put it on your French Bread and bake it. Finish it off with a quick broil for that perfectly crispy outside and soft inside The only question is who is going to grab the last slice!
I feel like I need to warn you about this cheesy garlic bread because once you make it your family will demand it for every pasta night! It’s a hot and cheesy bread that goes perfectly with all of your favorite Italian-style dishes.
The great news is that it’s so easy you won’t mind making it on repeat! We make this homemade cheese bread all the time and never get tired of it. Oh, and as an added pasta night bonus, make these Fried Ravioli. You won’t regret it, trust me!
You Will Love This Easy Recipe!
This is more than just sprinkling some cheese on some bread and toasting it. The cheese mixture is a combination of butter, cheese, and seasonings so you get the best melty cheese bread!
It only takes five minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake. You can make it last while you’re pulling the rest of the dinner together so the garlic bread is nice and toasty when it’s time to eat.
- French Bread loaf – Buy one that is 16 ounces.
- Softened salted butter – If you use unsalted butter I recommend adding an extra pinch of salt when you make the spread.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – Grab the block and grate it yourself to get the best meltability!
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 400°F and then slice the bread in half lengthwise so you have two long pieces.
Mix the butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese n a bowl. Spread the cheese mixture on each baguette slice.
Place the bread slices cut-side up on a baking sheet and bake them for 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
At this point, I like to turn on the broiler and broil the tops for one to two minutes for crispier garlic bread. Just be careful to keep an eye on it so they don’t burn.
Once they are toasted, take them out of the oven and slice them into pieces. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve!
Cheese Tip: You can use any good melting cheese for this recipe. Try shredded cheddar cheese, Gruyere, or provolone to change the flavor.
Flavor Tip: You can also add different dried herbs to the butter mixture. Half to a whole teaspoon would work. Try dried basil, thyme, rosemary, or Italian seasoning.
Prep Tip: If your bread is done but you’re not ready to serve it, just keep it in a low oven to keep it warm.
Storage Tip: Keep leftover cheese bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep well for two to three days.
Everyone is going to LOVE this warm cheesy garlic bread! It’s always a hit when I make it – spaghetti night just isn’t the same without it! I hope you give it a try this week – I know you will love it.
More Italian-Style Favorites
Want more main dish ideas? This easy garlic bread will pair perfectly with these dinners, too!
- Make a batch of Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce, toss it with pasta, and soak up all the delicious sauce with the garlic bread!
- It is the perfect side for my Best Lasagna Recipe!
- Or, make it to go with a cozy bowl of Tomato Tortellini Soup!
- A family favorite is always Chicken Parmesan! My recipe is an easy air fryer one.
Did you make it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Leave a comment and your five-star rating below – it will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dishes!!
- 1 loaf 16 oz French Bread loaf, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ c. salted butter softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ c. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese. Mix until combined.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and split open.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the top of each cut side of the baguette.
- Place, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Broil 1-2 minutes for a crispier bread and more golden cheese if desired, watch closely.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with minced parsley, slice and serve immediately.