I’m not going to lie. These happened by accident. Total and complete, “Oh Crap I haven nothing to go with this Crock Pot Italian Sausage Spaghetti!”
I thought I was totally on top of things when I had the crock pot rockin’ and supper was going to be done and then I started thinking oh I should probably get some bread going to have as a side. So I went diggin’ in my freezer for my trustee bread sticks I always throw in when I’m in a pinch, but that’s right I grabbed the Sourdough ones and the hubs didn’t like ’em. Into the garbage they went. I wasn’t a big fan either.
Then the head went into the fridge and I saw crescent rolls. Oh you are a lifesaver Crescent Rolls. Then I started dreaming of butter and garlic because who doesn’t dream of that? That’s when I spied the string cheese. LIGHT BULB!
Crescent rolls brushed with butter and garlic, then stuff a piece of string cheese in the middle, roll em up and then butter the tops. Heaven. Genius. I’m so smart right? Now don’t tell me you have been doing this forever. Just let me bask in the moment for a bit ok?
Let’s just say when the sis-in-law came over and I said I wasn’t sure about these because it was a experiment, after one bite her eyes lit up and she said I could experiment anytime I wanted!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Cheesy Garlic Crescent Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 pieces string cheese
- Preheat oven according to crescent rolls package directions
- Mix together butter, garlic, salt, basil and oregano.
- Cut each piece of string cheese the long way and then in half, so you will end up with 8 pieces.
- Unroll crescent rolls then brush each with the butter mixture. Place a piece of sting cheese on the long end of the crescent roll and then roll up. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush tops of crescent rolls with butter mixture and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake according to package directions.
|Serving Size||1 crescent roll|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 239kcal Calories from fat 111|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more carbs?