This Cheesy Ham Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for an overnight breakfast or easy brunch recipe! It will make appearances at your holiday brunches, potluck or just because you want a delicious breakfast. It’s perfect for action packaged mornings! It has all your favorites in a breakfast casserole. Eggs, hash browns, ham and cheese will make it a star at your table!.
Crock Pot Breakfast
Delicious breakfast casserole layered with hash browns, cheese, eggs and ham cooked in your slow cooker while you are busy doing the other stuff that needs to get done. Sound pretty awesome doesn’t it? You can either make this crock pot breakfast the night before or make it and cook it the day of. Whatever you choose everyone is going to be sure to love it!
A must for me in breakfast casserole is a base of hash browns. Some breakfast casseroles have a base of bread and that’s just not my thing. I love hash browns in my breakfast casserole.
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
Add in cheese, eggs and ham plus the fact it cooks in a slow cooker and it becomes the best breakfast casserole out there!
My family is big on breakfast. In fact I serve it a lot for dinner and referring to it as a “brinner” recipe. I’m not sure why my kids think it’s so exciting to get breakfast for dinner but they do. I like the fact that it provides a few new recipes to rotate on our weekly meal plan.
This casserole would make a great meal for “brinner” because you can turn it on and let it cook while you run around to activities with the kids during the after school hours.
Breakfast Casserole with Ham
I’m always making Crock Pot recipes for this reason alone! They are so handy when busy nights are here. Sometimes I forget that breakfast casseroles don’t always have to be for special occasions like Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas etc.
Speaking of Mother’s Day that is totally going to be here before we know it isn’t it?
My girls love to bring me breakfast in bed, but this year I’m going to be at a conference and don’t get back in until the afternoon on Mother’s Day. I haven’t had the heart to tell them that yet. #momfail right there!
If you are looking for an easy breakfast casserole recipe this one is it! Throw all the ingredients in the Crock Pot and let it do the rest of the work!
COMPLETE YOUR BREAKFAST WITH THESE RECIPES!
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Berry Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits
- Mimosa Floats
- Tropical Mimosa
- BBQ Bloody Mary
- Berries and Yogurt Breakfast Tart
- Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar Dipped Muffins
Cheesy Ham Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pkg frozen shredded hash browns 30 oz, thawed
- 2 c. ham cubed fully cooked
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Grease a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Place a third of the hash browns on the bottom, followed by the ham, onion and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour egg mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight or cook immediately.
- Cook, covered, on low until set and edges of casserole begin to brown, 4-5 hours. Turn off the slow cooker. Remove insert and let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving.