Posted by Julie Evinkhttps://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/cheesy-mashed-potato-egg-casserole/
© 2017 Julie's Eats & Treats. All rights reserved.
Cheesy Mashed Potato Egg Casserole
- 2 package Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes, prepeared according to package directions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (16 oz) package bacon, prepared and crumbled, divided
- 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- Green Onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes, garlic, pepper, salt, 1 c. cheese and half of the crumbled bacon. Mix until combined.
- Spray 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. Spread mashed potato mixture in bottom of pan.
- Next, make 6 wells in the mashed potatoes for the eggs. Crack eggs into the wells.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon and cheese on top of potatoes.
- Baked 15-20 minutes or until the whites of eggs are just set but yolks are still slightly runny. If you prefer your eggs more done bake longer.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.