Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 4 c. summer squash diced
- 3 c. zucchini diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 c. crushed Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add zucchini, summer squash, onion and garlic. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl to cool slightly.
- In a microwave, melt remaining butter. Drizzle over cereal and toss to coat.
- Stir cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper into zucchini mixture. Transfer to greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with cereal mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Slightly Adapted from Taste of Home
Craving More Zucchini?
Cheesy Zucchini Rice ~ Easy Side Dish for the Week Night Loaded with Rice, Zucchini & Cheese!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Moist, Quick and Easy Muffin Recipe! Loaded with chocolate and the very best way to sneak vegetables into your diet!
BBQ Chicken Zucchini Noodle Casserole – Gluten free, low carb and protein packed with zucchini noodles and Greek yogurt! Great for healthy weeknight dinners!