Easy, homemade Chicken Alfredo is the perfect dinner! The seasoned, pan-fried chicken breasts with a homemade alfredo sauce piled on a bed of fettuccine noodles is irresistible and has so much flavor. It will quickly become a family favorite recipe that’s ready in just over 30 minutes.
For pasta night, you can’t go wrong with homemade chicken Alfredo! This creamy, cheesy pasta dish is one of our family favorites.
It starts with the best Alfredo sauce that you toss with fettuccine and seasoned chicken. It’s better than any restaurant, so you can tell Olive Garden to go ahead and move on over because this chicken Alfredo is seriously the best!
It’s easy to make, so there’s time to make a batch of garlic bread and toss a salad to go on the side. Trust me – your whole family is going to love it!
Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- It’s easy! You can use the same skillet for cooking the chicken and making the sauce.
- The sauce is fantastic – rich and creamy with the perfect amount of Parmesan cheese. It coats the pasta like velvet!
- We love this dish with fettuccine, but you can use spaghetti, linguine, or penne. Use what you have on hand!
- Pair it with your favorite cooked vegetable (we love broccoli) or make a batch of my restaurant-inspired breadsticks – everyone will think you ordered take-out!
My family loves when I make this chicken Alfredo recipe, and yours will, too. I can’t wait for you to try it.
- Fettuccine pasta
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – Pounded out to an even thickness
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Butter – Cut into large cubes or slices
- Heavy whipping cream – You can also use half and half but the sauce won’t be as rich.
- Minced garlic cloves
- Grated Parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated cheese for the best results!
How to Make It
Pasta: Boil the fettuccine noodles to al dente in a large pot according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
Chicken: Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook it on one side for five to seven minutes. Turn it and cook it for five to seven minutes on the other side or until it’s cooked through.
Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a cutting board, tent them with foil, and let them rest while you prepare the Alfredo sauce.
Sauce: Place the butter and cream in the same skillet and warm them over medium-low heat until the butter is melted.
Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Bring the skillet to a gentle simmer (not boiling) and cook the sauce for three to four minutes or until it starts to thicken.
Stir in the Parmesan and whisk until the sauce is smooth.
Bring it together! Take the skillet off the heat and add the cooked pasta to sauce and toss to combine. If the sauce is a little thick, thin it with some of the reserved pasta water. Slice the chicken and place it on top of the pasta and sauce.
Garnish the chicken Alfredo with fresh parsley, grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to an even thickness. This will tenderize the chicken and will help ensure it cooks evenly.
Not sure your chicken is done? Use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature. It should be 165°F.
Using the same skillet to cook the chicken and sauce not only helps with clean-up, but it helps add flavor! After you cook the chicken, there will be browned bits on the bottom of the pan, making the Alfredo sauce even more flavorful.
Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep well for two to three days. Sometimes the sauce will thicken up, so add some milk, half and half, or heavy cream to thin it when you reheat it.
I know you are going to LOVE this easy chicken, Alfredo. When we’re craving a comforting pasta dinner, it always hits the spot. Give it a try and enjoy!
More Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is a comforting weeknight dinner!
- Love your IP? You need to try my Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo. It’s so easy and delicious!
- Spaghetti Pie is an easy baked pasta dish that’s extra saucy and cheesy!
- Skip the box and make my Homemade Hamburger Helper. It’s easy, satisfying, and always a family favorite.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded evenly
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup. butter cut into large cubes or slices
- 2 cups. heavy whipping cream
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the fettuccine noodles according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, then drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on each side with salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering it is hot enough to add the chicken to the skillet. Swirl the olive oil around the skillet.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook, undisturbed, for 5-7 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown. Flip over and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from skillet to cutting board, tent with foil and let rest while you prepare the Alfredo sauce.
- Add the butter cream to the same skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk until butter is completely melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the skillet and whisk until combined.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, making sure not to boil and cook 3-4 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Whisk constantly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and whisk until melted.
- Take sauce off the heat. Add cooked fettuccine noodles to sauce and toss to combine.
- Slice chicken and add to the top of the fettuccine.
- Garnish with parsley, additional Parmesan and black pepper if desired.
Leave a Comment