“Julie, I’m thawing a chicken this week.”
Nothing makes me more excited than those words coming out of my mom’s mouth. It means she’s also going to make Chicken Noodle Soup and spoil me with some. There is nothing better than warming up with a big ‘ol bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup made my your Momma on a cold winter night. Takes the chill ALMOST right out of your bones.
Trust me. The chill never leaves my bones completely during a MN winter.
I’m going to be honest. I’ve never made this. I’ve consumed massive amounts of it though. Sure I could make it, but why would I when I know Mom will spoil me with some? Sometimes I just don’t mess with the system. This system I respect. And love.
This soup is lovingly referred to as “THE” soup by my friend. It’s that good.
So if you are looking to take the winter chill almost completely out of your body. Go grab a chicken and get to work making this soup. Don’t tell anyone unless you want the whole town at your house though!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
More of my favorite chicken soup recipes!
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Pesto Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Whole Chicken Thawed
- 4 c. carrots cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 c. celery chopped
- 4 Tbsp salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 12 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 bags egg noodles
- Place the chicken, salt, sugar, pepper and bouillon cubs in an 11 qt pot. Fill until water is 2 inches below top of pot. Boil until chicken is done approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Take chicken out, debone it and put meat back in pot.
- Add carrots and celery. Boil until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and boil till tender, about 10 minutes.