Chicken Ranch Enchiladas ~ Jazz Up Your Weeknight Dinner Enchiladas with a Ranch Twist! Delicious, Easy and Addictive!
Say what? A actually main dish post? I know you thought I’d never ever post a main dish again. But here it is. I know I know I got all caught up in the fact that it was Christmas and posted a little to many goodies. Trust me. My pants know it too. Did anyone else gain weight over the holidays? Like to the tune of 5+ lbs? Ouch. Well I’m back to counting calories and trying to lost that and the rest of the baby weight. Wish me luck. Don’t worry I don’t go all crazy and still treat myself so there really won’t be many changes to the blog. My favorite phrase is , “Everything in moderation” otherwise I’d go freakin’ CRAZY!
I’m a big lover of all things with Ranch and Chicken and Bacon. It’s a true story. For example I’ve made Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos, Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich, Chicken Bacon Crescents etc. See my obvious obsession. So when I saw these I knew I had to give them a whirl because they also combine my love of Mexican food in there.
I was not disappointed. They are such a fun twist on a regular old enchilada like my Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, which are also good but hey I like to live on the edge! If you are looking for a recipe to put a little zest in your boring old menu here it is!
More enchilada recipes from the blog!
Chicken Ranch Enchiladas
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dry salad dressing
- 1/2 cup bottled ranch
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package tortillas
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook and shred the chicken by boiling it in water for 20 minutes. Shred in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add taco seasoning and dry ranch salad dressing and mix.
- Mix the 1/2 cup of ranch and 1/2 salsa in a bowl. Spread a very thin layer of the mixture on the bottom.
- Assembling the enchiladas by first putting about 2 Tablespoons of the ranch and salsa mixture on the bottom of tortilla. Then put the shredded chicken on top of that. Sprinkle with cheese and roll it up.
- Line up the enchiladas seem side down in the 9x13 pan and sprinkle heavily with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and enchiladas are heated through.
- Drizzle the top with ranch.
Photos Updated 8-31-16
Recipe Adapted from: The Recipe Critic
Craving More Mexican Recipes?
Chicken Enchiladas topped with a Creamy Green Chili Sauce made with Greek Yogurt and spicy green chilis! An easy weeknight meal that will beat going out to eat any day of the week!
White Chicken Enchilada Pasta – A delicious pasta filled with all the wonderful flavor of white chicken enchiladas with the help of green chilies, a little sour cream, and melted jack cheese.
Easy Baked Tacos Recipe ~ Super Easy and Delicious Tacos That Are Baked in the Oven for a Quick Weeknight Meal! Perfect No Stress Meal the Whole Family Will Love!