Love a sweet and salty combination? These Chocolate Covered Potato Chips are the perfect treat for you. They are perfect for a snack to share, holiday gifts or the perfect party treat. They can be ready in 10 minutes!
Chocolate covered potato chips are the ultimate sweet and salty snack! They are easy to make with just two ingredients and the perfect treat for parties, gifts, or whenever you’re craving something crunchy, sweet, and salty.
They’re also a really fun treat for gifting during the holidays. I love to make batches of them to share with friends and family, or sometimes I package them in bags with ribbons for a fun gift.
If you’ve never tried them, I think you will love this easy snack recipe!
Why this Recipe Works
- You only need two ingredients and ten minutes to make them!
- Melt, dip, and set – that’s all you need to do!
- I’m sharing my best tips so you chocolate-covered potato chips turn out perfectly every time.
Best Chocolate and Chips to Use
Sturdy wavy potato chips work best for this recipe. The chips’ ridges give the chocolate something to cling to, and they’re sturdy enough for dipping.
For the chocolate, use chocolate almond bark. It melts like a dream and makes it really easy to dip the chips!
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Chips
- Melt the almond bark following the package directions.
- Dip each potato chip so they’re half-coated in the melted chocolate, and then place them on wax paper in an even layer.
- Cool the chocolate-dipped chips until the chocolate is set.
Can you use chocolate chips instead?
I don’t recommend using chocolate chips because they are thicker when you melt them. They have stabilizers that help them keep their shape when baked, so they aren’t great for dipping things. Chocolate almond bark will have a nice dippable consistency.
How should you store chocolate covered chips?
Store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place or the refrigerator. If it’s too warm, the chocolate will soften and melt.
How long do they keep?
They will keep in the refrigerator or other cool, dry place for up to five days! It’s best to store them in a container and separate the layers with wax paper. That way, the chips won’t stick to each other.
What people are saying about this recipe
“OMG we ate the whole batch in one sitting. Delish!”
“This was a first for me and I loved them! I love sweet and salt combo but I never thought about chips and chocolate!”
This is such a fun recipe! I have loved chocolate-covered potato chips ever since I first had them back in college. Back then we bought them from a gourmet candy store but once I learned how to make them, I save my money and make them from scratch instead!
I know you will love them, too – they’re a super easy and fun treat to make and perfect for gifts, parties, or whenever you’re craving a salty-sweet treat.
More Fun and Easy Party Snacks
- No one can resist a bowl of Muddy Buddies! Chocolate and peanut butter coated cereal dusted with powdered sugar is a treat everyone will love.
- My easy Butterscotch Popcorn only has a few ingredients and is super easy to make. It’s a great no-bake treat for parties.
- Make a big batch of sweet and salty Cashew Chex Mix! It’s loaded with M&Ms, nuts, Chex cereal, and coated in caramel sauce.
- Peppermint Bark is so easy to make and great when you want a sweet snack for holiday parties.
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 24 oz package Chocolate Almond Bark
- 10.5 oz package Wavy Potato Chips
- Melt almond bark according to package directions.
- Dip half of potato chip in almond bark. Let cool on wax paper.
- Store in air tight container. Recommended to store in the fridge or a cool place.