Chocolate Caramel Brownies ~ Only 5 Ingredients Stand Between You and Chocolate Caramel Goodness!
Do you love chocolate? Are you a self confessed chocoholic? Then you are going to love these bars!
I’ll admit that I don’t cater to the chocoholics that read this blog due to the fact I can’t have chocolate, or rather not to much. I did sneak a bite of these little babies though so I can report back that they are fantastic and rich!
These bars are simple and easy. The biggest pain was unwrapping the caramels although I heard they have a new invention and you don’t have to unwrap the caramels. I can’t wait to check for those next time I buy caramels. I had to use these up first! I brought the bars to work and I’m pretty sure I saw one of my co-workers walking out with three of them from the kitchen! These would be amazing with a scoop of ice cream too!
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk divided (5 oz)
- 12 oz package caramels
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 15.25 oz box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Mix cake mix, 3/4 c. melted butter and 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture on the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Take out of oven and pour chocolate chips and then the caramel mixture on top. drop remaining cake mix on top by the spoonful. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and let set before serving. Make sure they cool completely or they are a mess! Stick them in the fridge or freezer if you get impatient!
Looking for more Chocolate Goodness?
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies ~ Soft, Chocolate Cookies filled with Cherry Pie Filling and Drizzled with Chocolate!
Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookies ~ Loaded with chocolate, caramel and toasted pecans!
Chocolate Cherry Brownies ~ Fudgy Brownies with a surprise of Cherry!!