Chocolate Cherry Brownies ~ Fudgy Brownies with a surprise of Cherry!
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope you have a fabulous day and are all treated like princesses or princes whichever is appropriate!
This month I decided to participate in the Lady Behind the Curtain’s dessert challenge!
We are assigned a combination of flavors and we have to come up with a dessert recipe featuring these flavors. Then we a
ll post on the same morning and get to check each others recipes out. This month we were assigned Chocolate and Cherry. YUM-O!
I knew exactly what I was going to make when I found out the flavor combination. I went straight to mom’s recipe box and dug out this recipe. It’s been a staple in her repertoire for years. They are so moist and yummy plus the chocolate frosting is hard on top. Sinful. These chocolate brownies have just the right amount of cherry to them and you will love them as much as my family does!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 18.25 oz pkg Devils Food cake mix
- 21 oz can cherry pie fruit filling
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan
- Mix cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond and extract and eggs together. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of brownies comes out clean
- Boil sugar, butter and milk for 1 minute then add chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted. Spread on warm bars.