Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies ~ Soft, Chocolate Cookies filled with Cherry Pie Filling and Drizzled with Chocolate!
*I was compensated by Lucky Leaf to create this post. All opinions expressed are completely my own.
As Valentine’s Day nears I’m seeing all kind of Chocolate and Cherry treats like my Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe around the blogging land. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. For some reason I always remember eating those chocolate covered cherries with the white “goo” in them with my dad! Oh how I loved those little treats. I think it was because no one else in the house would touch them but us. Not that we minded of course because there were more for us! I will never forget how we devoured that sacred box of treats!
Do you have treats that remind you of your childhood?
I’m thinking that Miss K might have an abundance of treats in her childhood memory bank. Take for example these tastey Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies. After I got done making them I was ready to take some pretty amazing pictures, hint of sarcasm here. Miss K was following me around so when I said let’s go take pictures she ran over to the “picture” spot and was waiting for me. She usually grabs some paper straws to help stage with, but she skipped those this time.
Instead she grabbed her chair. She as going to take all this in from the comfort of her own chair. So we went about our business and of course she starts saying, “Cookie? Cookie? Mommy?” while batting her eyelashes.
I crumbled and handed her a cookie.
Now before you get all, “Oh my goodness Julie only feeds her child sweets” on me. I’m going to tell you, yes my daughter has sweets. She ate exactly one bit of this cookie, somehow smeared chocolate all over her face while eating this one bite. Don’t ask me how? Then she promptly got distracted and wandered off.
About these cookies. To die for. Amazingness. Let the angels sing in the heavens.
Soft chocolate cookies. Cherries waiting for you in the middle. Chocolate drizzled over the top.
Yes. Wipe that drool off your chin.
Then go find your Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling and grab the ingredients to make these treats. Your loved ones will thank you.
Your hips…might not so much.
Make sure to enter to win a Lucky Leaf Prize Package including Pie Filling, Recipe Cards and a Rachel Ray Stoneware Set!!
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- 1 c. cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 21 oz Lucky Leaf cherry pie filling
- 2 oz Chocolate Candiquik
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 2 in. balls. Place on greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of cookie to make a well. Place two cherries in each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Melt chocolate Candiquik according to package directions. Drizzle over cookies. Let the chocolate set and serve immediately or store in an air tight container.