This is the perfect Holiday Small Bite Party Appetizer. Fun, festive Christmas Tree Mini Pizzas are a great holiday tradition to start. They use a puff pastry crust and are ready in 30 minutes these mini pizzas are definitely crowd-pleasers!
Pizza is always a treat in our house, like Pull Apart Pizza Bread! But today I have for you Christmas tree mini pizzas! These festive snacks are fun to make and taste delicious. But hey, anything pizza tastes delicious, right? Not only are they cute and delicious, but they are ready in 30 minutes for the perfect small bite appetizer!
Why This Recipe Works:
- Quick and easy to make using a frozen puff pastry as a shortcut.
- They are very easy to make and in 30 minutes you are ready to serve!
- Use any toppings you like, each person can make their with their favorite toppings.
- A fun tradition to start on Christmas Eve!
- Puff pastry
- Green pepper
- Grated cheese
- Pepperoni snack sticks
- Pizza sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Cut out Christmas Trees – Use a tree cookie cutter to cut out as many trees as possible out of your pastry sheet.
- Top – Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or silicone mat. Spread pizza sauce over, sprinkle with some cheese and top with a few slices of pepperoni and pepper.
- Bake – Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 10 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
You can use pizza dough but I can tell you from my own experience that cutting out the trees was a real challenge as the dough was way too soft and sticky. If you decide to try making these with the pizza dough, I recommend placing it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. This should make it easier for you to cut the trees out.
The puff pastry will rise in the oven so use reasonable amount of toppings. For the toppings, you can use anything you like. If you don’t like green pepper, omit it completely or use a few slices of olives.
Mini Pepperonis can be substituted for the sausage sticks.
Because these are tiny pizzas you only need a few tablespoons of pizza sauce. I made mine by mixing dried oregano, ketchup, garlic and olive oil together. You can use any pizza sauce of your choice but if you have nothing on hand, this one works perfectly.
Baking these Christmas tree mini pizzas only takes about 10 minutes. Now this does not mean that it can’t take longer than that. Every oven bakes differently and also the thickness of your puff pastry might be different from the one I used so keep an eye on them when making them for the first time.
The amount of pizzas you get out of a puff pastry can vary depending on the size of your Christmas tree cutter. Mine was not very large but the size was perfect for a 2-bite snack. I wouldn’t use a cutter that is smaller than 2.5 inch.
MORE CHRISTMAS APPETIZERS!
- Make ahead Tortilla Pinwheels are always a delicious small bite party appetizer!
- Grape Jelly Meatballs are kept warm in the Crock Pot so guest can enjoy the entire party!
- Only 3 Ingredients make these Ham Pickle Roll Ups a go-to easy appetizer recipe!
Love this recipe? Be sure and comment below and leave a 5-star rating! I know you’ll love this delicious recipe as much as we do!
You can find more deliciousness on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats!!
- 10 oz Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet thawed
- 4 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 4.5 oz Grated Cheese
- 3 Pepperoni Snack Sticks or any other sausage snack sticks
- 1 Green Pepper
- Use a tree cookie cutter to cut out as many trees as possible out of your pastry sheet.
- Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or silicone mat. Spread pizza sauce over, sprinkle with some cheese and top with a few slices of pepperoni and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 10 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Best served right away.
- These mini pizzas are very versatile when it comes to the ingredients so feel free to use what you like. Just bear in mind they will be quite small so you will be able to top each tree with only a few pieces.
- Use any pizza sauce you like. Pesto is also a great option. For homemade pizza sauce combine 1 tbsp dried oregano, 4 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp olive oil (optional) and 2 garlic cloves (minced).
- The puff pastry will rise in the oven but it will deflate a bit after it has been taken out of the oven.
- The tree cutter I used here is 3 inch long & 2.4 inch wide (in the widest part).