Cilantro Lime Chicken Bites ~ Perfect for a Last Minute Meal! Ready in Less Than 20 Minutes!
My name is Sharon and I am addicted to cilantro lime. Ever since I tried the rice at Chipotle, I’ve been obsessed with this simple, yet powerful combination. It’s such a refreshing flavor, with a little bite from the citrus. I love it! Now, if I see anything on a menu with these two ingredients together – cilantro lime sauce, cilantro lime steak, cilantro lime anything- you can pretty much guarantee that I’ll be ordering it.
I’ve already tackled a few cilantro lime recipes myself- this cilantro lime rice and these grilled cilantro lime skewers. Those skewers are unbelievably flavorful but they take some time to marinate so it’s not something I tend to make in a pinch.
But these cilantro lime chicken bites, on the other hand, are perfect for a last-minute meal since it can be made in less than 20 minutes. Plus, because of my previously mentioned obsession with cilantro and lime, I already have all the ingredients sitting in my fridge so there’s nothing extra I need to buy. How much easier can you get?!
This recipe came about back when my husband was traveling a lot. I hated making dinners that required a lot of ingredients since it was just me. Honestly, most nights I’d end up making a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. #lazy
But I started craving more substantial meals that were also quick and easy to make. I found this recipe on Pinterest and fell in love with it! Not only was it so simple but the chicken comes out crispy and with a huge punch of flavor. Just add some rice and beans and you have yourself a complete meal!
This main reason why theses cilantro lime chicken bites cook so quickly is because of the small size of the chicken. The smaller the surface area of your protein, the quicker it takes to raise to the desired temperature. You don’t have to cut the chicken into bites if you don’t want to, but just know that it will take longer for the chicken to cook.
I love giving you guys tips and tricks to make sure that the recipe turns out perfectly. But this recipe is so easy that I don’t need to give you any tips! So go ahead and make this chicken this week. You’re gonna love it!
And don’t forget to scroll past the recipe to check out some more of my favorite easy weekday meals!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Bites
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 limes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Mince garlic and zest 1 lime and place into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Juice the 3 limes and place into another bowl. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into evenly sized chunks.
- Place large pan or braising dish on stove and set to medium high. Add olive oil to pan, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Let oil heat up.
- Once oil is really hot, add chicken chunks and let it cook, undisturbed.
- When the chicken has browned nicely on the bottom and no longer sticks to the pan, sprinkle chicken evenly with cumin and cayenne pepper. Let chicken cook for 1-2 more minutes. Flip chicken so it can brown on the other side.
- Once it's browned, reduce heat to medium low and sprinkle with minced garlic and lime zest. Stir together with chicken to brown the garlic a little but don't let it burn!
- Once chicken is cooked through, add lime juice to pan to help release the browned bits from the bottom of the pan (this releases all that extra flavor!). Give the chicken and lime juice a good stir and then let it cook for another 2 minutes, until the juice has reduced slightly.
- Serve with your favorite rice and beans for a well-rounded, satisfying meal.
Connect with Sharon Here!