Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
Make this Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea at home this winter! The magical combination of lemonade, mint tea and honey is great for sniffles. With only 4 ingredients it’s easy to make.
Sometimes you have to grab a hot drink to help with the sniffles. And why not grab one that’s delicious too? This Starbucks copycat medicine ball tea is a great sniffles buster and perfect for a cold day. Build a snowman and then come in and enjoy a tea!
What is a medicine ball tea?
The term medicine ball tea is a made up name that fans of Starbucks use for this hot tea drink. It is really a jade citrus mint tea. This hot tea is made up of two different teas, honey and steamed lemonade.
This recipe makes a pitcher of the tea that you can then pour into individual mugs and top with your steamed lemonade.
The reason it’s said to help with the winter sniffles is because lemons deliver a blast of vitamin C to boos the immune system. Combine that with mint, which is great as a expectorant and help with congestion, and honey which soothes sore throats it’s a magical tea!
To make this drink at home you will need:
Peach tea – You can grab your favorite peach tea for this drink recipe. I used the Bigelow brand peach tea, but any brand will work.
Mint tea – Again, grab your favorite mint tea here. I love the Tazo brand mint called Zen. It is mint and lemongrass. It makes this copycat tea drink taste exactly like Starbucks!
Lemonade – You want to grab a lemonade without pulp for this medicine ball recipe.
Honey – Any honey will work here. Local honey is always the best option, but any honey you have on hand or prefer will work just fine.
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you will also need to grab:
- Large pitcher
- Water, boiling
- Milk frother
Only 3 Steps to Prepare
Steep the tea – In your pitcher, add your tea bags and pour in the boiling water. Be careful of the hot water! Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
Steam the lemonade – You can do this on the stove top or in a microwave safe glass in the microwave. Once you have heated it through, use a milk frother to froth the steamed lemonade.
Assemble the drink – Add a tablespoon or two of honey to the bottom of the glass. Pour in the freshly steeped tea. Mix to combine. Top with the freshly steamed lemonade. Stir one last time and enjoy!
How to store leftover tea
Place any of the leftover tea in an airtight container or simply place cling wrap over the pitcher. Keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure to remove the tea bags first!
More Delicious and Easy Hot Drinks
Looking for other ways to warm up? I suggest trying:
- One of my all time favorite drinks is this Caramel Latte just like your favorite coffee shops!
- Try this White Chocolate Latte on a Saturday morning at home.
- This one is for the adults only! Treat yourself for a Hot Toddy this winter.
- Hot buttered rum is an adult only drink, but skip the rum and share with the kiddos!
- Quick and easy Instant Pot Apple Cider is full of fresh apples and spices.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball
- 2 tea bags peach
- 2 tea bags mint Tazo Zen was used
- 4-6 c. boiling water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 c. lemonade
- In a large pitcher place the tea bags and the boiling water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- In a coffee mug, add the honey and the hot tea half way. Stir to combine.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the lemonade to an almost boil. Froth with a milk frother.
- Pour the steamed lemonade into the cup to fill it. Stir one more time and enjoy warm!
Leave a Comment