Need an easy dip recipe that’s perfect for parties? This cheesy bacon ranch dip is what you need. It’s only 4 ingredients including cheese, bacon, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Plus, Crack Dip is always the first gone at any party, so grab your chips and make it now!
Looking for some new dip recipes for chips and crackers? Then you’re going to go nuts over this deliciously easy crack dip! This super simple four ingredient dip is loaded with flavor and is oh so creamy. I’ve got tons of other easy dip recipes, but I come back to crack dip time and time again because it is just so easy to make.
You can serve crack dip for game day parties, family get-togethers, movie nights, and even make it as a “just because” snack. There’s never a bad time to grab your favorite crackers and chips and make a creamy dip that the whole family will enjoy! And if you don’t want to share and keep the whole bowl to yourself instead, I won’t tell!
Why You’ll Love Crack Dip
- One can never have too many easy dips for chips. This super simple crack dip recipe is a great recipe to store in your back pocket, then quickly make whenever you need it!
- Make this recipe in just 10 minutes. For best results, refrigerate it before serving but if you dig right in after making it I won’t judge.
- This is a great make-ahead recipe for parties and get-togethers. Since it’s best to chill it before serving, you can make it ahead of time and then serve whenever you’re ready!
Ingredients for Crack Dip
- Bacon bits – You can either use store-bought bacon bits or make some delicious oven-baked bacon and chop it up into little pieces. If you use store bought make sure you get the real bacon bits and not bacos.
- Sour cream – Even if you’re not a fan of sour cream, it seems to be a staple in so many dip ideas for chips. Trust me on this one, by the time you mix all of these ingredients together the sour cream will be unrecognizable!
- Shredded cheddar cheese – For extra tasty flavor, shred your own cheese. You can use mild cheddar cheese or sharp cheddar cheese, whichever you prefer.
- Ranch dressing mix – If you want to make this delicious dip recipe for chips and crackers, but don’t have a packet of ranch seasoning on hand, then you can make homemade ranch seasoning! There’s about two tablespoons in one packet of ranch mix. So make your own and scoop to big ol’ tablespoons into the crack dip.
How to Make Crack Dip
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing mix, bacon bits, and shredded cheese. You can mix with a spoon or an electric hand mixer on medium speed.
- Then place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, extra bacon bits and cheese, and then serve!
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover crack dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Before serving again give it a quick stir as it may have separated slightly.
What to Serve with this Crack Dip Recipe
While this is one of my favorite dip recipes to dip tortilla chips, potato chips and crackers in, you can also dip tons of other stuff in it! Serve with fresh crunchy veggies like carrots, broccoli, cucumber slices, celery sticks and even bell pepper sticks. You can dip pita chips pita bread in this chip, and even spread it on top of a jalapeño popper.
Crack dip can go on sandwiches as an extra creamy condiment, and would pair so well alongside ham and cheese sliders. If you’re serving game-day chicken wings, make a batch of crack dip for sure! The creamy dip with a saucy wing is so good.
Need an easy dip for chips with your burger? This recipe is just the thing to make!
What can I add to crack dip?
Just like many other easy dip recipes, you can customize this snack however you’d like. Here are some of our favorite variations.
Corn would be great mixed in with these creamy ingredients, and even make it spicy by adding some green chiles. For a protein boost, mix in some cooked pork sausage!
I use green onions as a garnish, but you can absolutely dice some up and mix them into the crack dip. Really, add anything you want to this creamy dip!
Pro Tips for the Best Crack Dip
- Plan ahead and make your dip in enough time to chill it before serving. It really does help the flavors meld together and make the dish just that much better!
- For extra layers of flavor, use multiple different types of cheddar cheese.
- Make sure all of the bacon bits and cheese are well incorporated into the sour cream. Stir together until the dip has an even distribution of fillings.
You’re going to love this creamy crack dip recipe! Make it whenever you want since it comes together so quickly and easily.
Finish your party with these easy appetizers!
- Love ordering Potato Skins at restaurants that are loaded with cheese, bacon and sour cream? Make them at home!
- Cheese lovers unit over these cheesy and easy Ham and Cheese Sliders!
- Put a a little heat in your appetizer with these Kickin’ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites that are always gone!
- Make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball! It’s always a favorite appetizer.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounces packet ranch dressing mix
- 3 ounces bacon bits in the packet not the plastic jar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions for garnish if desired
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together sour cream, ranch dressing mix, bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese by hand or with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions before serving if desired.