These potatoes with bacon, ranch and cheese are a quick and easy side dish recipe perfect for the weeknight. They only require five ingredients – potatoes, butter, bacon bits, ranch dressing and cheese!
If you need an easy side dish I think you’re going to love these! Tender potatoes flavored with ranch and topped with melty cheese and bacon. Oh, and did I mention there’s very little prep work? You don’t even have to peel the potatoes!
It’s seriously easy – bake the potatoes, top them with cheese, bacon, and cheese and it’s ready to go. Serve them with this cheesy meatloaf, baked pork chops, baked chicken – you name it, these are the perfect side dish!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- real bacon bits
- ranch dressing
- shredded cheese
Steps to Prepare
- Bake the potatoes – place the potatoes in a baking dish. Top them with the cubed butter and bacon bits. Cover the dish with foil and bake the potatoes at 400 degrees F for one hour or until they are fork-tender.
- Add the cheese and dressing – uncover the dish and cover the potatoes with the ranch dressing and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Stir the potatoes and then bake them for five more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 8×8″ baking dish
- tin foil
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 baking dish instead and serve a crowd!
How do I store leftovers?
Whether you are freezing them or keeping them in the fridge, store the potatoes in an airtight container.
You can freeze these potatoes! Assemble and bake the potatoes as instructed and then cool it completely. You can freeze them in the baking dish just be sure to tightly cover it with plastic wrap and a lid. Or you can portion them out to smaller freezer-safe containers for smaller servings.
As long as you store them in an airtight container, these potatoes should keep well for three to five days in the refrigerator. If frozen, they should keep for two months.
To reheat, either pop them in the microwave or you can heat them in a low oven until warmed through.
More of our favorite Potato Side Dishes!
We love potatoes around here and often make side dishes with them. Here are a few of our favorite potato side dish recipes we know you will love!
Make it a Meal!
Wondering what to serve with these potatoes? Here are a few recipes we love with them!
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Barbecued Chicken Drumsticks
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Garlic Baked Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 3 lb potatoes washed and cubed
- 4 tbsp butter cubed
- 1/4 c. Real Bacon Bits
- 1/4 c. ranch dressing
- 1/2 c. cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put prepared potatoes in an 8 x 8 in. glass dish. Put butter cubes on top of potatoes. Sprinkle bacon bit on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Take potatoes out of oven and top with ranch dressing and cheese. Stir. Put back in oven until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.