Easy Cranberry Apple Cobbler is filled with sweet apples and fresh cranberries, and is topped with the best brown sugar cinnamon crumble! This Apple Cranberry Crisp with a Brown Sugar Cinnamon Crumble is a simple dessert perfect for the holiday season!
Apple Cranberry Crisp
Hi, my name is Michelle, and I have an obsession with Christmas candles.
It’s a problem, guys. If I’m somewhere where they sell seasonal candles, I can’t help but stop and sniff every single holly-jolly-maple-pumpkin-apple scented candle the store has to offer–sometimes twice. It’s practically a compulsion.
Cranberry Apple Cobbler
Since we are getting all confessional and all, I actually spent so much time in Bath and Body Works the other day going through all of their candles (and getting embarrassingly excited over the fact they brought back my favorite scent), four different sales clerks as if I needed help finding anything. #imonlyhereforthecandledisplay
Well, for those of you like me who have a thing for candles and baking, you’re going to l-o-v-e this Apple Cranberry Crisp!
Trust me, your house will smell better than the Christmas candle(s) you spent way too much money on, yet justified it by telling yourself, ‘it’s the season.’ Plus, the crisp is edible, so it’s a win/win situation. 🙂 Am I right, or am I right??
Shopping List for Apple Cranberry Crisp
- fresh cranberries
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- old-fashioned oats
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
Let’s talk about the components of this Apple Cranberry Crisp! The ingredients used in this crisp are basic, household ingredients. The simplicity of the recipe makes this sweet crisp (with a hint of tartness) a breeze to make.
The fruit portion of this Cranberry Apple Cobbler uses apples, cranberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract and granulated sugar while the crumble portion uses butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Despite there being 10 ingredients, it truly is a ‘throw together’ dessert that smells and tastes like the season. Top with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream to make it the perfect dessert!
Also, look how beautiful the cranberries are against the brown crumble! They are bursting with flavor, however they are still gorgeous in color!
Steps to make Cranberry Apple Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease the baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cranberries, granulated sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- With a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour fruit mixture into casserole dish in an even layer.
- Spread the crumble even over the top of the crisp.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden brown.
While I love the combination of cranberries and apples, this is my favorite part of this dessert! It’s sweet, slightly crunchy, and exactly what the crisp needed. Serve it hot, warm, or cold, because every temperature tastes fantastic!
If you are looking for another cranberry dessert perfect for fall I adore these Cranberry Bars too for a quick and easy portable dessert!
More delicious Crisp Recipes!
- Nectarine Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
- Smoked Strawberry Crisp
- Caramel Apple Cobbler
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
You definitely need to put this dessert on your menu, I know you’re going to enjoy it! Whether it’s fun a quiet evening in or a big holiday gathering!
Swing back and leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Leave me a 5 star rating below or be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats
Apple Cranberry Crisp
- 6 large apples sliced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cold butter cubed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8.5x11 baking dish (or a baking dish that holds 2 quarts).
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cranberries, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. With a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour fruit mixture into casserole dish in an even layer. Spread the crumble even over the top of the crisp.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Connect with Michelle here!
More from A Latte Food: