Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Cranberry Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries I used frozen
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk or heavy cream I used milk, the original used heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9” square pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until crumbly. Add in egg and milk and beat until combined.
- Add in flour, salt, and baking powder and beat until just combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare caramel sauce. In a small pot, melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk or cream and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook over a low boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve warm over warm cake.
You might also like these White Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes!
Or these Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies!