These cranberry orange date balls are packed with protein and energy! They’re easy and made in 5 minutes, so they’re perfect for a quick and healthy snack!
This post is brought to you by “I’m not sure how I survived on this earth for 24 years.”
Are you confused? Let me explain.
I have recently learned a few, VERY BASIC things that I am pretty sure the whole world knew since, well, the existence of the world…..but, not me.
- You can’t scrape the frost off a car with a spoon. A credit card does the job SOMUCH better.
- “Hamster” is not spelled “Hampster.” I can thank spell check, and not thank my Kindergarten teacher for that one.
- Cranberry and orange? They are LIKETHIS. *insert an image of me crossing my fingers into your brain here.*
I’m not ready to talk about the events that lead me to the discovery of the first two, as I’m still getting over them, but I am SOSOSO ready to discuss point number 3.
So. Did you know this? I bet ya’ll added all sorts of orange goodness to your cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, while I ate boring, PLAIN sauce.
Cry for me.
The other day, I didn’t know what to eat for snack. I wanted something healthy, but was getting sick of eating my skinny Almond Joy Cheesecake…considering I have eaten it over 1000 times in my life.
So…I went to raid my cupboard. BUT there was nothing already made to eat. You know that feeling when you’re hungry RIGHT NOW and GIMME ALL THE FOOD….But you don’t want to put ANY effort in?
Ya. The hangry monster was coming right out.
You know what the best thing to do in that scenario is? Let your kitchen tools do the work for ya. This is why I love my food processor. If I wasn’t already married, and if it wasn’t totally weird, I would marry it.
You think I’m strange. Whatever. It was bound to happen one day.
I didn’t quite know WHAT to put in my little, blade-clad processor of joy (Taylor speak for “food processor) so, whatever I could find went in it.
And then I saw the orange.
Hangry monster took over logical brain and decided to get a little zesty in the kitchen.
I was leary about what was mixin’ around the food processor. BUT, it was food.
And that’s all that mattered at that moment.
UNTIL I TRIED IT.
Cranberry and orange where the HECK have you been ALL my life? Why have you not being gracing my face with your presence for the past 24 YEARS.
And, since the day, I have been eating all the (insanely EASY!) Cranberry Orange bites, packed with energy and protein goodness.
I suggest that you do the same.
Cranberry Orange Energy Date Balls
- 1 ½ Cups Dates roughly chopped (240 g)
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries 70g
- ¼ Cup Whey Vanilla Protein powder + additional for rolling Grass-Fed for Paleo option
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Slivered almonds
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp Orange zest *
- 2 tsp Coconut oil melted
- Place the chopped dates and the craisins into a food process and process until broken down and crumbly.
- Add in the ¼ cup of protein powder, almond and orange zest. Process until well combined.
- With the blender running, slowly stream in the melted coconut oil and process until the mixture comes together into a sticky ball. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this could take a few minutes.
- Pour some vanilla protein powder onto a shallow plate. Roll the date mixture into 1 Tbsp sized balls (or bigger if you want) and roll around in the protein powder, gently shaking off to eliminate any excess.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. **
** The coconut oil will slightly harden in the refrigerator, so leave the balls at room temperature for a few minutes before eating if you want them soft.
Find Taylor Here!
Chocolate Green Tea Energy Bites – These energy bites are quick, easy and only have 5 ingredients. If you like Green Tea and chocolate, these are for you!
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Protein Truffles – This chocolate truffle recipe is quick and easy, and has a surprise ingredient to keep them healthy! It has a yummy banana chip coating, and a peanut butter filling.