Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta filled with fresh lemon flavor, grilled chicken, and sun dried tomatoes – only 30 minutes to make!
Is anyone else excited about the school season starting?
I mean I love summer but sometimes its nice to have the routine of things, maybe it’s just me. 🙂 Growing up I use to love the month before going back to school. There was a sense of excitement. What teacher am I going to have this year? I wonder if there will be new kids that I will make friends with. Getting all new supplies and clothes for that year. It was almost like a second Christmas every year.
Come to think of it, maybe that’s how they got kids excited to go “back to school” after a summer full of fun and freedom. Buy them new things! Trickery!!
Still, for me, beyond the new things and all the excitement that that new year brought – I loved to learn. Call me a nerd, but I enjoyed homework, completing things and seeing the end product. To this day I still love checking things of my “list”, I’m a task oriented person. Give me a project and I’ll get it done! 🙂
I think thats why I struggle a little during the summer, no routine, no time, just chaos – which means my check list doesn’t get done! So when my little man goes back to his mommy’s day out program, which is only two days a week, I can get alot more stuff done during the week which = a sense of accomplishment! I think its important that us mom’s feel a sense of accomplishment outside of just being a mom. After all, we WERE people before we had kids. What were those things that gave you joy before you had the kids? Are you still doing it? I think when I have those moments where I feel “accomplished” outside of my regular mom duties it leaves me a better mom, wife, and friend.
Since school is literally right around the corner in a couple weeks I thought I’d help ya’ll out by giving you a healthy 30 minute recipe that will make your life easier.
This Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is filled with fresh lemon flavor from both lemon juice and lemon zest, a subtle hint of fresh garlic and basil, then topped off with some cream cheese to make this extra creamy!
The sauce soaking into the little ridges of the pasta and paired with the crispy grilled chicken and sun dried tomatoes make this dish basically irresistible!
You will love how fast this comes together! You could even make the chicken the night before so all you have to do is throw everything in the pot, dinner in 10 minutes! Hope you enjoy!
And if your looking for more easy healthy weeknight meals like that are low on calories but big on flavor be sure to come over to say hi at my site Joyful Healthy Eats! Bon Appetite friends, till next time!
Another great pasta dish!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 boneless chicken breasts sliced
- season with salt & pepper on both sides
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill each side for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add penne pasta. Cook until al dente according to package instructions. (about 8-10 minutes)
- Drain all but 3/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- To a large bowl add pasta, sliced chicken breasts, cream cream, cooking liquid, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic cloves, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Toss to mix until cream cheese is melted.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
More Easy 30 Minute Meals by Joyful Healthy Eats: