Creamy Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken served with pasta is an easy dinner recipe the entire family will want seconds of! An easy dump and go crock pot recipe ends with a creamy pasta dish with tons of flavor.
If you need some more easy week-night dinner recipes, this Olive Garden Chicken Pasta recipe is calling your name. You can throw all these ingredients into the slow cooker during your lunch break and you’ll have a hot meal that is ready to go at dinner time. Pasta night just got so much easier!
I love to pair this delicious pasta with Olive Garden bread sticks if I have time to make them. If I don’t have time, this quick and easy garlic bread goes great with it as well. Make these easy oven roasted vegetables and you’ll have a really well-rounded meal for dinner. This pasta is packed with protein and full of flavor. You’re gonna love it!
Why You’ll Love Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Minimal mess and there is minimal clean-up to do after dinner.
- Though this meal takes a few hours to cook, it only takes 5 minutes to prep. All of the cooking is taken care of in the slow cooker.
- This pasta recipe is very cost effective and will serve 6 large portions.
Ingredients for Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – Be sure to trim off any excess fat and rinse each chicken breast before placing it into the crock pot.
- Cream Cheese – You can fat free cream cheese if you want, but the flavor won’t be as good and the pasta wont be as creamy.
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing – This is the delicious secret ingredient to this pasta dish! A bottle of Olive Garden Dressing.
- Parmesan Cheese – Use parmesan cheese that is already grated or grate fresh parmesan cheese yourself.
- Ground Black Pepper – A little bit of black pepper will help elevate the flavor.
- Penne Pasta – Grab a box of your favorite penne pasta to use in this recipe!
How to Make Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
Spray a 6 quart crock pot liner with cooking spray, or rub a stick of butter around it to evenly grease it. Then, place the chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot.
Pour the Olive Garden dressing over the top of the chicken. Then, divide the parmesan cheese and pour half on top of the chicken.
Cube your cream cheese, then place it in the crockpot with the chicken.
Cook the chicken on high for 5-6 hours. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the crockpot and mix it together with the dressing and cream cheese mixture.
Cook your pasta according the instructions on the back of the box. Add the cooked pasta to the crockpot and gently stir everything together. Garish with the remaining parmesan and serve!
This pasta best served right away! Dish a generous portion into each pasta bowl or plate and eat up. You can eat it by itself for a really quick, protein-packed meal, or pair it bread and veggies or a salad.
How to Store Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
You can easily store leftovers. In fact, this recipe is great for meal prepping! It will store well in the refrigerator and in the freezer.
FRIDGE: Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to a month. Be sure to thaw any leftovers before you reheat them.
Can I use frozen chicken in the crock pot?
It is safe to cook frozen chicken in the crock pot. Be sure that the internal temp reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and know that you may need to add a few minutes to the total cook time.
Can I use regular Italian dressing?
This dish really requires the specific Olive Garden Italian Dressing. However, if it is too salty for you or you don’t like the flavor, you can try using a different Italian dressing.
- Top each bowl with a bit of fresh parsley for some added flavor and depth to your pasta.
- For adults, pair your pasta with a glass of Pinot Noir or Chardonnay. These dry wines will pair well with a creamy pasta sauce.
- If you want to make crock pot chicken pasta recipe even easier, shred a rotisserie chicken and let it simmer with the cream cheese and dressing in the crock pot until it can all be combined well.
I love easy crock pot recipes like this one. In fact, I think I may make this for dinner tonight! What about you?
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- This quick and easy One Pot Pizza Pasta is a great weeknight dinner recipe.
- If you love Mexican food and you love pasta, then you’ll love this Mexican Pasta Bake.
- Every summer BBQ needs a good pasta salad and this Pesto Pasta Salad is it!
- If you’re wanting a more fancy pasta recipe, then this light and tasty Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta will be a go-to recipe for pasta night.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces Olive Garden Italian Dressing or favorite Italian Dressing
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- Parsley for garnish if desired
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot liner with non-stick spray. Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot.
- Pour Italian dressing over the top of chicken. Then sprinkle ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and black pepper over chicken.
- Place the cubed cream cheese on top and then cover the crock pot with a lid.
- Cook on high for four hours or low 5-6 hours. When cooking time is up on the crock pot, remove chicken breasts from the crock pot, shred with two forks and then add back to the crock pot.
- When cooking time is almost done, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Add cooked pasta to the crock pot, stir, garnish with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.