This easy Crock Pot Stuffing is perfect for holidays when oven space is short! It’s slow cooked while you are preparing for the holidays so you don’t have to worry about it. This Crockpot Stuffing Recipe has an amazing flavor because of the herbs and seasonings. Plus, it’s so easy and delicious. Try this Slow Cooker Stuffing for Thanksgiving!
I have a confession to make. My name is Julie and I like Stove Top Dressing. Like as in I’d be totally happy with that for Thanksgiving. I would have no qualms about eating it and I totally wouldn’t judge you if you made it for me. Anyone else with me? Like, I LOVE it in this delicious Cheesy Stuffing Chicken Casserole.
That was until I tasted my Aunt’s stuffing. I never told her how much I loved it and I secretly made a point of attending any Thanksgiving that she hosted just to get it. In my head it was going to be a super complicated recipe so I never really asked for it.
Plus, in my head stuffing had to be hard to make and since I was totally happy with Stove Top I just never made it. But really how hard is anything in a Crock Pot?
Grocery list for Crockpot Stuffing Recipe
- Fresh parsley
- Canned mushrooms
- Chicken broth
- Dry bread cubes
- Salt, pepper, dry sage, poultry seasoning
How long do you cook stuffing in a slow cooker?
- 45 minutes on high, then turn it on low for an additional four hours.
Slow Cooker Stuffing
And then an epic moment happened where I got the recipe and I found out it was prepared in the SLOW COOKER! I mean I am the Queen of the Crock Pot as my blogging friend Lisa likes to remind me.
After I got the Slow Cooker Stuffing Recipe and found this important tidbit out I knew I had to try it. I’m incredibly happy to report back to you that I rocked that recipe and it’s so easy! I mean you throw it in the crock pot, let it do its thing and you treat your guests to an amazing stuffing recipe this holiday!
Move over Stove Top Stuffing, there’s a new kid on the block and I might never go back to you. Well, let’s not get that dramatic. I’ll still put you on my casseroles 😉
How to make Crock Pot Stuffing
- Lightly grease the slow cooker.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Cook the onions, celery, parsley and mushrooms.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a large bowl, top with the butter mixture, add all of the seasonings and toss together. Stir in broth and beaten eggs, mix well.
- Pack the stuffing into the crock pot. Cook on high for 45 minutes then reduce to low for an additional 4 hours.
Crock Pot Stuffing
Plus it tastes awesome and it’s made in a crock pot. We all know that we tend to run out of oven room during the holidays so I always run to my crock pot to assist me. I like to make Crock Pot Cheddar Creamed Corn or Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes and now I’ll be sure to make this Crock Pot Stuffing too!
Another great stuffing to round out your meal is The BEST Cranberry Sauce! I serve this at every holiday meal!
If you are looking for an easy, delicious stuffing recipe this Thanksgiving do not look any farther. Plus, if you are attending the holidays at someone’s house this is soooo easy to transport too!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 2 c. celery
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 8 oz cans mushrooms
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 16 c. dry bread cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dry sage
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- In a skillet melt butter. Saute onions, celery, parsley and mushrooms.
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Pour butter mixture over bread cubes, add seasonings and toss together. Stir in broth. Add beaten eggs and mix together.
- Pack stuffing lightly into greased slow cooker. Cook on high for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes reduce to low for 4 hours.