Hit the easy button tonight for dinner when you make this Crock Pot Taco Meat! Ground beef plus a few more ingredients turns into a delicious slow cooked taco meat perfect for topping your taco shells, salads and more on a busy night!
Ready for the easiest taco night ever? This taco meat cooks in the crock pot, making dinner a breeze when it’s time to eat.
There’s hardly any prep work with this recipe – no browning or chopping! Just dump everything in the slow cooker and leave it to do its thing. A few hours later, you have the best taco meat you can use in all kinds of ways.
You Will Love This Recipe!
- Six ingredients! That’s it!
- As I mentioned, no prep work – just dump and slow cook everything until it’s time to eat dinner. The perfect quick meal for weeknight dinners!
- We love this for easy beef tacos, but you can use this seasoned meat to make nachos, burritos, quesadillas, taco bowls… so many things!
- This slow cooker taco meat is great for a crowd for game days and parties. Make a big batch of taco meat, set up all the toppings, and let everyone help themselves.
I love easy crock pot dinner recipes, and this one is an all-time favorite. It’s so easy and makes the best beef tacos. You are going to love it!
- Ground beef – Use lean ground beef, so you don’t end up with greasy taco meat. You can also use lean ground turkey for this recipe too.
- Canned tomato sauce
- Homemade taco seasoning mix: chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder. Or, use your favorite prepared mix. You will need about 1 1/2 tablespoons.
Only Two Steps to Make It!
Place the raw ground beef in the crock pot. You don’t need to brown it first!
Top it with the tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir to combine them together.
Secure the lid and cook the meat on low for four hours.
Check on it when there are 15 to 20 minutes of cooking time left. If there is a lot of extra liquid, take the lid off so the liquid can evaporate during the rest of the cooking time.
How to Use It
- Make tacos with hard shells, flour, or corn tortillas. Top them with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
- Or, get burrito-sized tortillas and roll the meat up with cheese, beans, rice, sour cream, and pico de gallo for epic homemade burritos!
- This seasoned beef makes the best topping for nachos, too! Add your favorite nacho cheese sauce, sliced jalapenos, salsa, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- I love to use it to make taco bowls, too. Pile the taco meat on cooked rice and add all of your favorite toppings. I love to add homemade guacamole and avocado salsa.
Yep! You don’t need to brown it first and it works great!
Once it’s cooked all the way, you can keep the slow cooker on warm. Keep the lid on and the meat will stay warm. Stir it every so often. This is great for parties if you’re doing a taco bar.
Cooked beef (or ground turkey) will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator. Just keep it in an airtight container.
Add the ingredients to your shopping list so you can make this easy dinner this week! You might not go back to the stovetop way of making ground beef – the crock pot just makes it so easy.
More Crock Pot Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Tacos are another easy taco recipe you can make in your slow cooker. Seasoned shredded chicken stuffed into taco shells with all of your favorite toppings is a delicious weeknight dinner.
- Switch up pizza night and try my Crock Pot Pizza Casserole! Cheesy layers of pasta, sauce, and beef is the best dinner after a busy day.
- Make the best Pulled Pork Sandwiches with your slow cooker! I love to make these for easy dinners – they’re always a hit.
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats. That way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Crock Pot Taco Meat
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Favorite Taco Toppings – Taco shells burrito shells, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado etc.
- Place ground beef in a crock pot. Top with tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. If there is extra liquid take cover off during the last 15-20 minutes cook without cover to cook off extra liquid.
- Serve with your favorite taco shells, tortilla chips and favorite toppings