I have a new addiction in life. Real Life Crime shows. Like 48 Hours or Dateline. New obsession. I DVR them all the time and then watch them while I’m nursing Rylin. I’m addicted Is that sick or what because most of them are about murder. It just baffles me how people do this stuff. For the record the obsession is about two weeks old so I’m thinking it might end quickly. I might get tired of watching sick, twisted individuals real fast. How are theses people for real? Baffled, just baffled. Speaking of trials and all that fun the hubs has been on jury duty since the first of the year. Oh he was so excited when that letter came in the mail. Then he blames it on me because I made him start voting and apparently that’s what triggers the jury duty. I think not. Random, dumb luck.
Sorry hubs you have random, dumb luck. Gotta have some sort of luck right? So far he was noticed for a trial and then got a letter that it wasn’t going to happen. Then the second one he actually had to go, but new the people that were part of the civil trial so he got out of that too. The benefits of small town living and knowing so many people I guess! He’s officially off of jury duty at the end of the month so I won’t have to hear him blame me anymore! His brother just got called for Federal jury duty I think or State, not sure which, but that last two years! Yuck! Guess we have to do our duties as good citizens though right?
If you know anyone that is on jury duty and miserable I highly recommend treating them to these delicious Dulce de Leche Snickerdoodle Bars. They are pretty much mind blowing with a soft snickerdoodle crust, Dulce de Leche filling and white chocolate topping. You know you are drooling over these. They are super ooey, gooey and messy so if you are taking them somewhere cut back the Dulce de Leche to half and it will be a little neater but just as delicious! If you are looking for an over the top treat then pour both of those cans on the crust!
Dulce de Leche Snickerdoodle Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cans 13.4 ounces each dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate chopped
- 1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper with the ends sticking over by about 1 inch.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of prepared pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pan.
- Spread dulce de leche over crust.
- Combine white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over white chocolate. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Using the parchment paper lift bars out of pan. Cut and store in refrigerator.
Also, this is a very thick layer of dulce de leche and quite messy, please feel free to use only one can if you are bringing to to a potluck or something!
Recipe From: Taste of Home
You Might Need This for This Recipe!
Looking for More Sweet Treats?
Gooey Snickerdoodle Bars ~ Soft, gooey bars stuffed with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled with icing!
Chocolate Caramel Brownies ~ Only 5 Ingredients Stand Between You and Chocolate Caramel Goodness!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Reese’s Cookie Bars ~ Soft, chewy peanut butter & chocolate sugar cookie bar loaded with Reese’s Cups and drizzled with Chocolate and Peanut Butter!