Easy Spanish Rice Recipe ~ Quick, Delicious, Homemade Spanish Rice with Tomatoes, Onion and Chilis!
It’s a busy weeknight and you quick grab the kids, bustle home and walk in the door tired, exhausted and stressed out. Paints a familiar picture doesn’t it? Trust me, most of my days are like that. Don’t forget that you have somewhere else to be tonight and before that you need to quickly get a homemade meal on the table for your family that’s delicious for everyone, yet quick and easy. Your mind is blank. You start to have a slight panic attack.
As you rustle through the pantry trying to figure out what to make quickly you spot a box of the Southwest Tortilla Sauce & Crust Mix for Chicken from The Good Table® that you grabbed at Wal-Mart when you were getting groceries. Insert “Ah-Ha” moment here! Aren’t you thankful that you grabbed those? I know I was when I tried them!
You spin to the right and grab your chicken out of the fridge, dunk it in the sauce, roll it in the crumbs and place it on a baking sheet. Pop it in the oven you are good to go. It’s so easy that you even have time to make up a quick side dish of Easy Spanish Rice. It’s loaded with tomatoes, onions and chilis! You pull the chicken out of the oven. It’s plump and juicy with a delicious crumb coating and it makes that family of yours give you high fives like the star quarterback of the football team! Let’s get real, you are the star quarterback of the family. We know that and so do they!
Easy Spanish Rice & Southwest Tortilla Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 c. white rice
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 c. diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 c. diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- Heat olive oil and better over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan. Add rice and stir to coat with butter mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until rice is toasted.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, increase heat to high and bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, place lid on saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is fluffy and liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice with fork and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.