Cheesy Egg in a Hole ~ Delicious Breakfast Sandwich Recipe! Quick and Easy Eggs in a Piece of Toast with Cheese Sandwich Between them!
I’ve seen this flying around on Pinterest and just had to try it out. Well it took me awhile but I finally got to try it!
This is the super easy perfect breakfast idea. The hubby loved it. We made, or should I say I, made it at the cabin one of the last weekends. It came together quick and easy.
It combines all the breakfast staples into a new and fun idea. If you get really crazy and wild you could always add some bacon or sausage in the middle. I think I’ll have to do that next time and then the hubby will really love it!
Egg in a Hole
- 8 slices bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter both sides of bread. Using a round cookie cutter cut out the center of the bread slices, or if you are like me wing it and just use a knife.
- Lay the bread down in a preheated pan. Crack an egg into each hole.
- When the egg is starting to set, flip over the bread and cook it on the other side. Cook until the egg is set, but the yolk is still runny.
- Layer the cheese on one bread slice and then flip the other slice on top. I did this a little backwards as you can see! That’s it you are done after the cheese melts!
Craving More Quick Breakfasts?
Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins ~ Quick, Easy and Delicious Breakfast or Snack! Fluffy Egg Muffins with Ham & Cheese!
Cheesy Ham & Bacon English Muffins ~ Super Easy Breakfast for Mornings on the Go! English Muffin Loaded with Cheese, Ham & Bacon!
Cheesy Sausage Pigs in a Blanket ~ Flaky Crescent Rolls Stuffed with Sausage and Cheese! Quick, Easy and Perfect for Breakfast!