Cheesy Egg in a Hole ~ Delicious Breakfast Sandwich Recipe! Quick and Easy Eggs in a Piece of Toast with Cheese Sandwich Between them!
I’ve seen this flying around on Pinterest and just had to try it out. Well it took me awhile but I finally got to try it!
This is the super easy perfect breakfast idea. The hubby loved it. We made, or should I say I, made it at the cabin one of the last weekends. It came together quick and easy.
It combines all the breakfast staples into a new and fun idea. If you get really crazy and wild you could always add some bacon or sausage in the middle. I think I’ll have to do that next time and then the hubby will really love it!
Egg in a Hole
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 slice Texas Toast
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- With a biscuit cutter or rim of glass press a hole in the middle of the slice of bread.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter. When the skillet is evenly coated with butter place the slice of bread in the skillet. Crack egg into the center of the hole in the pieces of bread. You can also place the center of the bread in the pan to toast too.
- Cook the egg sets a bit on the bottom of the pan; about 30-45 seconds. Season egg with salt and pepper. Flip bread over after about a minute and season the other side.
- Let egg cook until desired doneness. Your goal is golden brown toast, white, not browned/burned egg whites and a soft unbroken yolk.
- Serve immediately. Use the center of the bread to dip into the yolk.
Craving More Quick Breakfasts?
Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins ~ Quick, Easy and Delicious Breakfast or Snack! Fluffy Egg Muffins with Ham & Cheese!
Cheesy Ham & Bacon English Muffins ~ Super Easy Breakfast for Mornings on the Go! English Muffin Loaded with Cheese, Ham & Bacon!
Cheesy Sausage Pigs in a Blanket ~ Flaky Crescent Rolls Stuffed with Sausage and Cheese! Quick, Easy and Perfect for Breakfast!