These Feta Stuffed Quinoa Burgers are gluten free, deliciously filling and addictive for the whole family!
Being stuffed with feta in the filling, you get delicious pieces of feta in every piece. One burger will definitely fill you up, as I found out after one burger filled me up (even though they tasted so good I wish I could’ve had more than one!). Although I loved the burgers themselves, I always think that the accompaniments to a burger make the burger as much as the actual patty. I used honey sesame seed buns that I made by making regular buns and brushing honey on top afterwards then sesame seeds and toasting it for a while. I also filled up my burger with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickles and ketchup. I would definitely add mustard to the next one I make but you can use any toppings you want essentially. Here’s to a better veggie burger!
Feta Stuffed Quinoa Burgers
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1.6 ounces feta cheese
- 1 ½ eggs I usually beat a whole egg, then half it
- 4 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
To cook quinoa (makes 3 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
To Assemble Burgers
- Toasted Honey Sesame Buns
- Condiments - ketchup and/or mustard
- Wash the quinoa in a mesh strainer rigorously with water.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Dry the quinoa by adding it to the pan and letting it heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan and the salt. Stir, and bring to a boil.
- Lower to medium-low heat and cover, cooking for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When all of the water has been absorbed, the quinoa is finishing cooking.
- Use your fork to fluff the quinoa a bit.
- Add all of the ingredients together to the burgers.
- Divide into 4 burgers on a parchment paper (or just a place).
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Test to ensure the oil is hot enough (but not burned) by breaking off a piece of one of the burgers. If it sizzles, it is hot enough.
- Add the burgers into the pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on this side. It should be golden brown. If not, cook for one minute extra on each side.
- Place on a paper towel to cool and remove excess oil.
- Assemble burgers how you'd like and enjoy!
Things You May Need for This Recipe!