Four Cheese Pizza Dunkers ~ Homemade Pizza Layered with Mozzarella, Asiago, Provolone and Parmesan Cheese! Cut into Rectangles and Perfect for Dipping in Your Favorite Sauces!
My husband and I may not have kids but that doesn’t keep us from eating like we do. We love making childhood favorites like grilled cheese, hot dogs, and even PB&J sandwiches whenever we’re craving comfort foods. A few recipes from my childhood that I crave are French Fry Hot Dish, Hamburger Stroganoff, and Apple Crisp.
Today’s recipe was also a product of one of those times where we just wanted to feel like a kid again.
One day, we were making a frozen pizza and instead of cutting the pizza into slices, I asked my husband if we could cut the pizza into little rectangles. To be honest, I wanted the pizza sliced into smaller slices to feel like I was eating more pizza. This is also why I love these bite-sized cookies.
But I soon discovered that these rectangles were the perfect size for dunking! I love dunking my crust in ranch dressing so I thought – hey, let’s just dunk these whole slices.
And it was magical! Creamy ranch and cheesy pizza is such an incredible combo. It’s now one of our favorite weeknight meals!
For today’s recipe, I wanted to recreate my favorite four-cheese pizza so you can make it at home, but instead of frozen pizza, we’re making this pizza from scratch. Don’t worry – this recipe uses store-bought dough so you can easily make this on any weeknight.
I love love love making my own pizza at home. You can use whatever ingredients you want and the crust is super chewy when it’s homemade. Mmmm, carbs.
Although these three pizzas are so different from one another, they have one major thing in common – store-bought dough. When I’m in the mood for pizza, I am usually not in the mood to wait around for dough to rise. No, sir.
I am lucky that my local grocery store regularly has fresh pizza dough available in their bakery. So when I am in the mood for pizza, I just pick some up and get to cooking.
If you don’t have any available at your grocery store, many pizza restaurants will sell you pre-made dough for pretty cheap.
Now that we’ve talked about the dough, it’s time to talk about the four cheeses. Yup, there are four. All four are so different from one-another, but they come together to make the most flavorful cheese pizza that you’ve ever had.
Four Cheese Pizza Dunkers Cheeses!
- Mozzarella – gooey structure
- Asiago – tangy, yet sharp flavor
- Provolone – gooey like mozzarella but with more bite
- Parmesan – perfectly salty flavor
After using freshly shredded cheese for my white pizza, I am never going back to pre-shredded again. It was so gooey and melted perfectly. So I highly recommend you buy a block of mozzarella cheese and shred it yourself!
Alright, now for the dunkers!
To make the four cheese pizza dunkers, it’s important that you shape the dough into a rectangle. This is make it much easier to slice the pizza dunkers into perfect rectangles.
When it comes to choosing your dunking sauce, you can really use anything. Like I said before, I love ranch. My husband likes using marinara sauce, and sometimes he even makes a chipotle ranch by adding chipotle hot sauce to normal ranch dressing.
But the possibilities are endless! I have a friend who likes using Caesar dressing. It’s actually pretty great!
What kind of sauce will you use?
Alright – that’s all there is to it! Kids and adults alike will go crazy for these pizza dunkers. You can make them for dinner or even serve them as a snack at any party.
Since you love this recipe here are even more delicious pizza goodness!
- French Bread Pizza
- Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Pita Pizza
- Four Cheese Pizza Dunkers
- 3-Meat Pizza Ring
Four-Cheese Pizza Dunkers
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces Provolone
- 16 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- Remove fresh pizza dough from fridge and place into a medium bowl. Let it get to room temperature (will take about 30 mins to 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place dough onto a large baking sheet and spread into a large rectangle using your fingers. Using a fork, poke holes all over the dough. This will help keep the dough flat and prevent bubbles. Spread marinara all over dough into a thin layer. Too much sauce will make the dough soggy so make sure to keep the layer of sauce thin.
- Spread mozzarella cheese all over sauce, followed by Asiago cheese. Place Provolone all over pizza. I only had slices of Provolone available so I just cut them into little pieces for the pizza. Finish the pizza off with the Parmesan cheese by sprinkling it all over.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Let pizza cool for 5-10 minutes and then cut into strips. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
Connect with Sharon Here!