Cool down this summer with homemade Frozen Yogurt Bark. It’s an easy frozen treat with fresh berries and granola plus mini chocolate chips. It’s the perfect treat on the 4th of July with it’s patriotic colors.
This tasty frozen yogurt bark is such a fun dessert or snack! I love making this on the 4th of July or Memorial Day since the strawberries and blueberries paired with white Greek yogurt makes a pretty patriotic theme. But, I love to make it simply on a hot Summer day too. It’s such a refreshing treat!
Greek yogurt is a really good source of protein, and berries are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are healthy for your bodies. Not to mention, honey is great for your immune system! So, this easy recipe creates such healthy and yummy treat.
Why You’ll Love Frozen Yogurt Bark
- This frozen yogurt bark recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prep! The freezer will do the rest of the work for you.
- Healthy yogurt bark is a great treat to make if you want some desserts but are trying to watch your sugar intake.
- You can make this easy treat ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you’re ready to serve it!
Ingredients needed for Yogurt Bark
- Greek yogurt – This recipe calls for plain Greek yogurt, but you can also use vanilla greek yogurt or any other flavors if you want!
- Honey – Honey is the perfect way to healthily sweeten this healthy yogurt bark treat.
- Grated lemon zest – Make sure that you only get the yellow part of the lemon peel when grating lemon zest. The white part is bitter and can throw off the flavor of this frozen yogurt bark.
- Chocolate chips – Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate. You can use mini chocolate chips too!
- Strawberries – Thinly slice the strawberries with a sharp knife for best results.
- Blueberries – Blueberries and strawberries pair perfectly together and it makes for the prettiest patriotic display!
- Granola – Buy your favorite granola at the store or make your own granola to use on top of this frozen yogurt bark.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Bark
Combine Greek yogurt and honey in a large mixing bowl. Then, pour it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread the yogurt into an even layer and then top it with strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, and granola.
Place the yogurt bark into the freezer for 45-60 minutes until slightly set.
Remove it from the freezer and slice into square shaped chunks. Place in the freezer again and freeze for at least two hours. You can freeze it overnight too!
Once completely set, transfer the yogurt bark to an airtight container and store in the freezer until right before serving.
How to Store Frozen Yogurt Bark
Keep this healthy yogurt bark in an airtight container in the freezer for about 3 months. Since this is a frozen treat, you’ll need to keep it frozen for it to retain its shape. I only recommend leaving this yogurt bark out at room temperature for about 30 minutes at a time.
Can I use different fruit?
Absolutely! Use any of your favorite fruits. Mandarin oranges, sliced pineapple, bananas, raspberries, and any other fruit you want.
Can I use frozen fruit?
If you want to use frozen strawberries, you’ll need to thaw them first so that you can slice them. Frozen blueberries and any other smaller chunks of fruit can be used frozen! Just ensure that the fruit is not too large and will be able to be easily eaten when frozen.
What other toppings can I add to frozen yogurt bark?
There are so many tasty options you can top your yogurt bark with! You could use peanut butter chips or swirl some regular peanut butter into the Greek yogurt once it is spread out on the parchment paper. Butterscotch chips would tasty yummy too!
Feel free to add some chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, peanuts, or almonds on your yogurt bark. You can add other toppings like unsweetened coconut flakes or chia seeds as well.
- Make a layer of chocolate on the bottom of your yogurt bark by spreading melted chocolate on the parchment paper first, freezing it, and then adding the yogurt and toppings.
- Use local honey for extra immune support and allergy support benefits!
- Feel free to swap honey for agave syrup or maple syrup if you prefer.
Get adventurous when making this yummy frozen yogurt bark! Add whatever you want and make a tasty creation that everyone will enjoy.
More Healthy Recipes You’ll Love
- Looking for some quick and healthy breakfast ideas? These Healthy Smoothie Bowls are a fantastic option.
- This Fresh Orange Smoothie is a refreshing healthy snack. It’s also great to have for breakfast!
- Craving chocolate while trying to eat healthy can be frustrating. Solve both problems with this Healthier Chocolate Fruit Dip.
- Chia Pudding is a healthy, filling, and protein packed breakfast option that’s perfect for healthy eating.
- 2 ½ cups full fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- 5 sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons granola
- 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt and honey until well mixed.
- Pour yogurt mixture on to a parchment lined 10 x 15 inch pan with sides. Top with fruit, chocolate chips and granola.
- Place in the freezer and chill for 45-60 minutes, then remove from freezer, slice, and pull the pieces a part from each other.
- Place in the freezer again and freeze for another 2 hours or overnight.
- Store yogurt bark in a tightly sealed container in the freezer and remove right before serving.
- Use any of your favorite fruits. Mandarin oranges, sliced pineapple, bananas, raspberries, and any other fruit you want.
- If you want to use frozen strawberries, you’ll need to thaw them first so that you can slice them. Frozen blueberries and any other smaller chunks of fruit can be used frozen! Just ensure that the fruit is not too large and will be able to be easily eaten when frozen.