This past weekend was the hubby’s birthday so I decided to make him a special breakfast, which is so much easier to do when it’s the weekend! I love this french toast because I can whip it up the night before and then stick it in the overnight right away in the morning. I’m not a patient person and I don’t want to have to wait a long time for breakfast!
I adore anything with cake batter in it so when I saw this festive recipe for a birthday I knew it was right up my alley. I won’t lie, I sometimes hate french toast casserole because I think they are “mushy” in the middle. This one stayed nice and firm and cooked up perfectly!
If you are looking to spoil your favorite birthday person this is perfect!
Plus sign up for the Crock Pot giveaway! I LOVE my crock pot. And if I would have planned this right I would have had a wonderful new Crock Pot recipe to share with the start of this giveaway. I don’t. Epic fail. Sorry people it happens. I try to act like I have it all together but then things like this happen and it goes to show you I don’t. But really it’s a giveaway for something awesome plus an unrelated awesome recipe so I doubt you really care! So just go enter now!!!!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Funfetti Overnight French Toast
- 1 loaf sourdough, tore into pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 c. Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tbsp sprinkles
- 1 c. Funfetti cake mix
- 1 c. butter, cut in pieces
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9x13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer pieces of bread in baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, heaving whipping cream, cake mix, cinnamon, vanilla extract, 3 1/2 Tbsp sprinkles in a large bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover baking dish and store in the fridge overnight or for several hours.
- In a small bowl cut butter into cake mix. Store in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove french toast casserole from fridge, uncover and sprinkle with cake mix and butter mixture. Sprinkle with the rest of the sprinkles.
- Bake for 1 hour until the center is set and edges are browned.
- Mix together the icing mixture and pour over the top of the french toast.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 818kcal Calories from fat 357|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 40g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Cake Batter Recipes?