Gingerbread Smoothie ~ Healthy Gingerbread Smoothie Loaded with Classic Gingerbread Flavor. A Quick and Easy Breakfast, Snack, or Dessert for the Holiday Season.
Let’s drink some gingerbread! The weather is cooling down and you’re probably favoring warm drinks, but we can squeeze in a few smoothies, too! Let’s be year round smoothie drinkers!
Smoothies are quick, easy, healthy, and portable, and there’s no reason they should be only be reserved for summer. Now that fall is here I’m cramming delicious fall flavors (like pumpkin! and gingerbread!) into smoothies. If you want a smoothie that gives you warm fuzzies and tastes like Christmastime, this is it! I wouldn’t go as far as to call this comfort food, but as far as smoothies go this is as comforting as it gets.
This is a milk-based smoothie, which means it’s super creamy. I prefer unsweetened almond milk, but use the milk of your choice. Ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves add the classic gingerbread flavors, and a touch of maple syrup or molasses sweeten it slightly. I also add an apple to this smoothie, which might sound a little weird, but it totally works! The apple lends a very subtle flavor and it compliments the warm spices perfectly.
Of course smoothies are breakfast material but this smoothie also makes a great snack or even a healthy dessert. If I add a little swirl of whipped cream and a crumbled gingersnap I feel like I’m drinking a milkshake. And who doesn’t love drinking a milkshake?!
As with any smoothie, use this recipe as a guide but make it to suit your tastes. Swap protein powder for vanilla yogurt, add more ginger for a bolder flavor, throw in some chia seeds, or even add a handful of oats for heartiness. There are countless variations on this recipe. Have fun with it!
Note: If making this smoothie for kids I typically increase the cinnamon and reduce the ginger and I swap the protein powder for yogurt. I find that version suits little taste buds better.
More Smoothie Recipes to try!
- Fresh Orange Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Super Healthy Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- 1 generous cup milk I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small chilled apple chopped (use a sweet variety, or swap for a small frozen banana)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or molasses or more to taste
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1-2 cups ice
- Whipped cream or crumbled gingersnaps optional garnishes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: