This is a true Minnesotan Hot Dish recipe! An easy Hamburger Wild Rice Casserole that’s made in your Crock Pot for an easy dinner. A mixture of ground beef, celery, Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice, soy sauce, mushrooms and more. It’s comforting, full of flavor and delicious.
Wild rice hamburger casserole is an easy and delicious hot dish you can make in your crock pot! Yep, no need to turn on the oven – just combine everything in your slow cooker and leave it to do its thing.
This is the best dinner when it’s cold and I know a little something about cold weather living in Minnesota! We are all about the cozy, warm dinners and wild rice casserole is a really popular one around here. The recipe I’m sharing today is basically a hamburger hot dish – it’s hearty, filling, and so delicious!
Not a fan of beef? You should try my chicken wild rice casserole – it’s delicious, too!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s so easy to make! You can have this wild rice casserole prepped and in the crock pot in about 15 minutes.
- You don’t have to babysit it – you can leave it to cook and a few hours later you’ll have a hot and delicious dinner ready to serve.
- There are a few fresh ingredients along with some convenient pantry ingredients – you might already have some of them on hand.
- It’s loaded with flavor and is a complete meal on its own, but it goes with quite a few vegetable sides, too!
If you’re craving some serious comfort food you are going to love this crock pot wild rice casserole!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground beef
- Diced onion
- Chopped celery
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Wild Rice Original Recipe
- Soy sauce
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Canned chicken with rice soup
- Canned mushrooms
Make This Recipe in 3 Easy Steps!
Brown: Cook the beef, onion, celery, and butter in a large skillet. Drain off the fat.
Assemble: Place the beef mixture, wild rice, soy sauce, mushroom soup, water, chicken with rice soup, and mushrooms in the crock pot. Stir to combine.
Cook: Cover the crock pot and set it to low. Cook the casserole for four hours.
Side Dish Ideas
One thing I love about this recipe is that you can serve it all on it’s own as a complete meal. Or, you can toss together an easy side dish – here are some that go great with it:
If you really want to treat yourself make a batch of my homemade breadsticks!
You Will Love the Leftovers!
If you have any, that is! This is a great recipe for leftovers because they keep well and reheat well in the microwave for easy lunches. Just store the leftover casserole in an airtight container and you’re good to go!
Simple ingredients and easy prep – I know you are going to love this easy crock pot wild rice casserole recipe! It’s definitely the dinner to make when you want a cozy dinner. Your family will love it!
More Delicious Casseroles
- Linguine Casserole is an easy dinner your family will love! It’s a creamy, cheesy, pasta casserole with diced ham. It’s delicious!
- For a hearty dinner make my Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with tender chicken, veggies, and a creamy sauce topped with a flaky crescent roll topping!
- Chicken Rice Casserole with broccoli is a complete meal that is so easy to make. Plus, the leftovers are even better!
- Everything you love about meatball sandwiches but baked as a casserole! Meatball Sub Casserole is a dinner everyone will love.
Did you try this recipe?! Let me know how much you love it and give it five stars!!
Don’t forget to snap a pic and share on Instagram – be sure and tag me at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dish!
Hamburger Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 1/2 c. celery chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz box Uncle Ben's Long Grain Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. water
- 10.5 oz can chicken with rice soup
- 8 oz can pieces and stems mushroom
- Brown hamburger, onion, celery and butter. Drain off fat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the hamburger mixture.
- Cook for 4 hours on low in the crock pot.