Ice Cream Crunch ~ Delicious Homemade Crunch Crust Layered with Chocolate and Caramel then Topped with Ice Cream and more Caramel and Chocolate!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there on this special day! I’m definitely a Daddy’s girl just ask my two brothers and they will fully support this statement. I remember my mom when I was growing up coming and asking me to ask my dad for something because she new that if I asked he’d go for it, but if she did he wouldn’t. We didn’t do this many times, only when we found that it was completely necessary of course! My dad has always been there for me and supported me in life with everything so I can’t wait to have him over for supper tonight to say “thanks” for everything he has gave me in life. For Father’s Day I temporarily lost my sanity and volunteered to not only host the hubby’s family for the noon meal but then my family for supper. Actually it turns out it hasn’t been that bad. Well, my hubby might not agree as yesterday I may have lost it a few times when I was trying to clean and cook. We got through it though! I even seem to have found enough of a break in between the hosting to write up this blog post. Luckily I picked two fairly simple meal plans that allowed me to prepare most of the food ahead of time and I’ve got the hubby on grill duty tonight for my family. The recipe I’m sharing with you is what I made for dessert at noon. It was incredibly yummy, which I’m not sure is surprising because with the list of ingredients like this how can you really go wrong? I think this dessert screams summertime and it’s the perfect summer day for it. I adapted it to make it chocolate free but you can change it back to chocolate if you like. If you are feeling really crazy you could do one jar of caramel sauce and one jar of chocolate sauce! Now if I could have chocolate that would be the way I would go for sure. Enjoy!
Ice Cream Crunch
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 gallon ice cream, softened
- 1 c. caramel sauce, divided
- 1 c. chocolate sauce, divided
- In a medium size mixing bowl mix together flour, quick oats, brown sugar and nuts. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a rimmed half sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Crumble while still warm.
- Spread 2/3 of the crumbs onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Heat 1/2 c. of caramel sauce and 1/2 c. chocolate sauce in the microwave until pourable. Drizzle warm topping onto the crumb mixture.
- Spread softened ice cream on top of crumbs and chocolate. Spread to smooth. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of crumbs over ice cream. Warm remaining chocolate and caramel sauce. Drizzle topping over ice cream and crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze several hours or overnight. Allow to set for about 10 minutes before cutting.
|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 642kcal Calories from fat 327|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 36g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||95%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Patriotic Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich ~ Soft Sugar Cookies Stuffed with Vanilla Ice Cream! Super EASY Using Refrigerated Cookie Dough!