Instant Pot Chicken Wings that are perfectly sticky! These tender chicken wings are cooked under pressure with a hot wing seasoning then brushed with Buffalo Sauce and broiled for the easy perfect appetizer for game night, holiday parties and so much more!
Pizza and wings tend to be go-to game day foods, so what’s better than making your own wings! I even love to make these for dinner some nights when I need something quick, easy, and tasty. They’re an especially good go-to meal on Friday nights when I don’t want to clean a lot of dishes after dinner.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- This easy buffalo wing recipe is very simple to double or triple so you can make plenty of wings for a large crowd.
- Not only are these easy chicken wings, but the clean-up is so easy! You’ll only use a bowl, the Instant Pot, a baking sheet, and a few other miscellaneous items.
- Instant Pot buffalo wings are very versatile and you can make multiple different batches of varying flavors.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- Water – This will help keep your chicken wings moist and tender while cooking in the Instant Pot.
- Chicken wings, bone-in – Bone-in chicken wings always turn out really tender, but you can use boneless chicken wings if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cook time to keep them from over cooking!
- Buffalo wings seasoning mix – Choose your favorite seasoning mix, any will work! This is a great way to make your wings extra spicy, or bring the heat level down a bit.
- Buffalo sauce – There’s so many different types of buffalo sauce out there now! You can go classic with Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce, or choose another flavor that you like. Buffalo Wild Wings also bottles their sauces now and have a variety to choose from.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Using a sharp knife, separate the chicken wing and the drum stick.
Dry the excess moisture off of the chicken with paper towels, then generously season them with the buffalo wing packet seasoning. Be sure to rub the seasoning in to help it adhere to the chicken.
Pour water into the bottom of your instant pot and then place the wings inside on the trivet.
Seal the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 8 minutes. Once complete, do a quick release and let all the air out of the Instant Pot.
Remove the wings from the Instant Pot and place them in a large mixing bowl. Be very gentle as you transfer the buffalo wings because they will be very tender and could fall apart easily.
Add your buffalo sauce to the wings and toss them until all pieces are evenly coated.
Transfer the sauce covered wings to a parchment lined baking sheet and broil in the oven for 5-6 minutes on each side to make them crispy.
What Should I serve with Instant Pot Chicken Wings?
Storage Tips for Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
FRIDGE: Once completely cooler, your instant pot chicken wings will store for about 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
FREEZER: Store your wings in the freezer in an airtight container for 3 to 4 months.
REHEAT: You can reheat your refrigerated or frozen wings in the microwave or oven until the center temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What if I don’t have a Trivet for my Instant Pot?
If you don’t have a trivet, a raised steaming basket or metal rack will work great. Or, you can make a homemade trivet with mason jar lids. Place a few lids on the bottom of the instant pot and place a flat metal rack or steaming basket on top.
Ultimately, you just need some sort of container with holes that is raised off the bottom of the Instant Pot so your chicken steams and doesn’t boil.
Do I have to use spicy seasoning and buffalo sauce?
Not at all! If you love wings but don’t like the heat level, find a seasoning packet and sauce that isn’t going to be spicy. I used Franks RedHot Buffalo Sauce in this easy buffalo wing recipe and it’s pretty mild, but there are tons of different options out there!
Pro Tips for the Best Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Make your own homemade ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing to have the best dip for your chicken wings!
- Create your own dry rub for your wings and change up the flavor!
- Add extra sauce on your wings after you broil them for more mouthwatering flavor.
These Instant Pot Buffalo Wings are so simple and will be a hit with any crowd!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- These Instant Pot Ribs are finger lickin’ good!
- I love to make Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup once the weather turns cold!
- Dinner time doesn’t get much easier than this Instant Pot Spaghetti.
- You’ve probably heard of Crockpot Crack Chicken, but have you tried Instant Pot Crack Chicken?
- Instant Pot Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions are Tender, Shredded Brisket Cooked in Your Instant Pot.
- Tender, juicy pork bursting with so much flavor! This Instant Pot Pork Carnitas recipe is the perfect family dinner recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 4 pounds chicken wings bone-in
- 2 packets buffalo wings seasoning mix 1 ounce each
- 1 ½ cup buffalo sauce divided
- Ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping optional
- celery or carrots for serving
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Use a sharp knife and a cutting board to cut the wingette from the drumette of each chicken wing.
- Dry the chicken wing pieces gently with a paper towel and then sprinkle the buffalo seasoning or your favorite chicken seasoning all over the chicken wing pieces, rubbing it into the skin.
- Place the coated chicken wings in an Instant Pot trivet or steamer basket and place it in the instant pot. It should sit with the chicken just above the water you put in.
- Seal your Instant Pot and pressure cook the wings on manual pressure for 8 minutes.
- Preform an instant release of the pressure from the instant pot, wait until all the air has escaped and then open the Instant Pot.
- Gently remove the chicken wings from the basket and place them in a large mixing bowl. Be aware that the chicken will be very tender so if you are rough with it the meat may come away from the bone.
- Pour 1 cup of buffalo sauce over the cooked chicken wings and gently toss until well coated. If needed you can add additional buffalo sauce in Tablespoon increments until everything is evenly coated.
- Place the chicken wings on a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Broil the chicken wings on high for 5-6 minutes each side or until they have reached your desired level of crispy.
- If you want extra sauce on your wings you can toss them in the remaining sauce before serving hot with ranch or bleu cheese dressing, optional.
- If you can get the Chicken Wingettes or party package you won’t have to cut the chicken wings. They will already be separated.