Today we are going to have some cake. Want to know why? Because it’s the week of my birth, so calories don’t count and I like cake.
Enough said right?
I made this amazing, super lemony cake for guests one night. Those guests included a foreign exchange student that graduated high school with me who came back to the big state of Minnesota to see us. I haven’t seen her in 10 years and wow it was so much fun. When she was leaving I gave her a hug and promptly asked when she would be moving to the States so we could see each other more frequently. She may have giggle at me. Worth a shot right? A girl can dream!
This cake takes a lemon cake mix and tub of lemon frosting, incorporates a lemon glaze and some “fancy” frosting technique then looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. Don’t worry I won’t tell them you didn’t! It’s refreshing and perfect for a summer treat!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Lemon Glazed Swirl Cake & Creative Kitchen Giveaway
- 1 box (18.25 oz) Pillsbury Lemon Cake Mix + ingredients listed on back of box
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tub of lemon frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on package. Pour into greased 9x13 in cake pan. Bake according to directions on package.
- While the ccake is baking squeeze lemon to get 1/4 c. lemon juice. If you cut the lemon in half, place it in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds you will get more lemon juice. Mix lemon juice and powdered sugar until it is smooth.
- When cake is done remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Then poke holes with a fork in the cake. Spread lemon glaze over the cake and place cake in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When your two yours is up take the tub of frosting and remove the foil and lid. Stick it in the microwave for 20 seconds. It should be just warm enough to be pourable. Pour 3/4 of the frosting n the cake and frost the cake. Take the last 1/4 of the frosting and microwave it for another 12 seconds. Drizzle over the cake giving it the pretty 3D effect.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2551kcal Calories from fat 394|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 44g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|