Lemon Pie Bars – Rich, delicious almond flavored crust with a creamy, dreamy, lemon layer between the crust!
Why hello there dear friends. Boy, oh boy do I have a treat for you today!
I actually have to give one of your dear followers credit for this treat today. You see I have this rather popular recipe for Cherry Pie Bars on my blog. Now, if you haven’t checked it out I pretty much am telling you to do that right now, mmmk? Good.
Now someone wrote a comment on that post and said they tried it with Lemon Pie filling. Say what? Lemon pie filling. Now that’s a good thought right there. You see, I always gravitate towards pie filling like cherry, apple, maybe peach but that’s about it. Strawberry pie filling now that just scares me for some reason? But Lemon, ya lemon I adore you. I can do that.
So this has been in the back of my head lately and I finally grabbed a couple cans of lemon pie filling. And then they sat in my pantry. I’m human what can I say? Actually it was more like, the kid got sick, then mom got sick, then nothing got done. Yup. Pretty much somes it up!
But the other day when on a whim, I had some ambition, I whipped up a batch of these when we got home from work. Don’t ask me how I got supper on the table and these bars made while chasing a one year old, within a hour of being home. Pure determination. Or maybe blessed from the heavens above? I might not ever repeat this feat though.
Wow. It was worth it! A yummy almond flavored crust on the bottom, creamy, dreamy lemon pie filling and a crust on the top and then a drizzle of almond flavored glaze. Let’s just say even the hubs had two of these and he swears he doesn’t like lemon. I think he’s coming around! These bars made a trip to work with me and disappeared out of the kitchen before I could blink!
Love lemon desserts? Try my Lemon Lush Dessert, too!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans 15.75 oz Duncan Hines Wilderness lemon pie filling
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Mix in extracts. Add flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter in a greased jelly roll pan. Spread pie filling on top of dough. Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bars. If serving the next day wait and do this before serving or the bars will be a bit soggy! I also store my bars in the fridge to help them keep their shape.