Posted by Julie Evinkhttps://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/light-crock-pot-zuppa-toscana-recipe/
© 2016 Julie's Eats & Treats. All rights reserved.
Light Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 1 (19 oz) package Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1.5 lbs mini Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 3 c. chopped kale
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. low fat milk
- Remove casing off of the sausage and cut each link in half lengthwise and crumble. Saute over medium heat in skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray with garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and milk in 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low 4-5 ours or high 2-3 hours or until potatoes test done.
- 45 minutes before before serving combine flour and milk in small bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir into slow cooker with the rest of the soup. Cover and continue cooking until it has thickened slightly.
Every slow cooker heats at different rates. Please adjust cooking times accordingly.