Meatball Hash Brown Bake ~ Cheesy Hash Browns layered with Homemade Meatballs!
I love dishes that combine and make it easy to have complete supper like this one. All you have to do is add a simple veggie and you’ll have a nice meal. For all you that a busy bringing meals to the field while harvest is in full swing this would be a perfect meal for the field. It transports nicely and it’s in one dish. Gotta love that right?
This would also make a great dish to bring to a potluck or a friend that had a baby or is sick.
The hubby definetely liked this dish and kept going back for more so if you have a hungry man or a few around they will devour this in no time flat!
Meatball Hash Brown Bake
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. crushed saltine crackers about 20 crackers
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion chopped
- 30 oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes divided
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in cracker crumbs, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1 in meatballs. In a covered skillet over low heat, cook the meatballs in a small amount of water until brown; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion and remaining salt and pepper. With paper towels, pat hash browns dry. Stir into the soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish. Arrange meatballs over top pressing lightly into mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.