Whip up this easy, crowd-pleasing Mexican Street Corn Dip! A delicious corn dip loaded with fire-roasted corn, green chiles and corn. This dip is perfect for parties, potlucks and snacking.
Mexican street corn is the perfect balance of creamy and spicy! So, turning it into a dip is truly a stroke of genius. This easy recipe is on of my go-to dips to make for parties and even as a snack for the family. It doesn’t require much effort on my part and is mouthwateringly good, so it gets bonus points in my book.
This elote dip recipe has just enough kick and tang to keep it interesting, and it’s so creamy too! Next time you need an easy appetizer, just dump these ingredients into a bowl and mix it together. It’s really that easy…but it definitely doesn’t skimp on flavor.
Why You’ll Love Mexican Street Corn Dip
- This easy corn dip only requires 5 simple ingredients. You could easily keep this all on hand and make it whenever you want!
- Got an extra 10 minutes? Then you can make this dip! That’s all the time you need, easy peasy.
- You can make this dip ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Ingredients for Street Corn Dip
- Fire-roasted whole kernel corn – Fire roasted corn make all the difference in elote dip recipe. You can use a regular can of corn if you want, but you’ll be missing out on quite a bit of flavor!
- Tajin – You should be able to find Tajin at any of your local grocery stores. And just like the fire roasted corn, I don’t recommend trying to substitute anything in the place of Tajin. The flavor is so unique and is really needed in this recipe!
- Sour cream – Using two different forms of dairy ensures that this dip is extra creamy and delicious.
- Queso fresco crumbles – Queso fresco is a very specific type of cheese, so make sure you’re buying the right thing!
- Fire-roasted green chiles – Yup, more fire-roasted goodness! Don’t skimp on this either. Fire roasting chiles brings out the flavor so well.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise in a corn dip may sound a little funny, but it really does bring everything together really well. The slight tang of mayo is perfect for this recipe!
- Fresh cilantro – Chop up some fresh cilantro to add the perfect extra layer of flavor.
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Mix together the fire roasted corn, queso fresco, mayonnaise, sour cream, fire-roasted green chiles, cilantro, tajin in a small bowl. Gently fold the ingredients together with a silicone spatula until they are all evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. You can also serve the dip immediately if you want!
- After refrigeration, give the bowl of street corn dip a good stir and serve.
What pairs well with Mexican Street Corn Dip?
Your favorite tortilla chips are the best thing to dip into the elote dip recipe. You can also use crostini, crackers, pita bread, pretzel chips or thick cut potato chips.
Want some good food to eat after an appetizer of street corn dip? Try sheet pan quesadillas, sheet pan nachos, shrimp tacos or taco pie. Or maybe you need some appetizers that will go well next to this easy dip. Make a batch of ham and cheese sliders or oven baked jalapeño poppers.
How to Store Street Corn Dip
Place leftover dip into an airtight container, or wrap the serving bowl tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for 5-6 days, but I highly doubt there will be any serving left after 24 hours!
I do not recommend freezing this corn dip.
Can I use frozen corn?
Fresh corn, frozen corn, and canned corn can all be used in this recipe. If you use fresh corn, I recommend grilling it or fire roasting it first. Frozen corn needs to be completely thawed before using it. No matter what you use, make sure it’s fire roasted for the best flavor.
Can I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream in Mexican street corn dip?
If you want to make this dip a little healthier, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Greek yogurt has the same kind of tang that sour cream has and works as a great 1:1 substitute!
- Even though you can serve this dish immediately, it is best when cold! So allow it to chill a bit before serving for best results.
- Warm your tortilla chips before serving them with street corn dip. The cold and hot combo is so good!
- Garnish your bowl of corn dip with extra fresh cilantro for more tasty flavor and pretty presentation.
Mexican street corn dip is the best quick recipe. Don’t worry if you go through your first batch too fast, you can easily just throw together a fresh bowl.
More Corn Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamed Corn is the perfect simple side dish to pair with any easy dinner.
- Did you know you can make corn on the cob in an air fryer? Well now you do, and it’s so easy!
- Use that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and make Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder.
- This Green Bean Corn Casserole is another great potluck recipe. So creamy and loaded with delicious veggies.
- 15 ounces fire-roasted whole kernel corn well-drained
- ⅔ cup queso fresco crumbling cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fire-roasted green chilies well-drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon Tajin
- Tortilla chips optional side
- In a smaller serving bowl, mix the corn, queso fresco or crumbling cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, fire-roasted green chilis, cilantro, and tajin until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving or serve immediately with with tortilla chips. If the dip has been refrigerated, stir well before serving.