Mint Ice Cream Dessert ~ Oreo Crust layered with Mint Ice Cream, Chocolate Chips and Whipped Topping!
I love to volunteer to bring desserts to any occasion. Really I just love bringing food to any occasion. It gives me a chance to try out something new on a bunch of guinea pigs. They are kind of like sitting ducks. They have no idea what they are in for.
Thankfully they raved over this one. And it’s just so festive for the holidays! In fact my aunt was still giving it props days later when she called my mom. That’s just how good this is.
Don’t worry. If you don’t have anywhere to bring this too you stick it in the freezer and it’s just waiting for you to take it out one piece at a time. I promise I won’t tell if it’s really two pieces at a time. It’s our little secret!
Oh and if you are a Dairy Queen cake fan. It’s replicates that. The fudge in the center. The cookies in the base. Oh yum. Heavenly. If you aren’t a mint ice cream fan feel free to change it out for another ice cream. My hubby is already begging for one with Cookies & Cream in it!
This dessert isn’t hard at all, but I’ll warn you it does take some time. Between making each layer you need to freeze it for 30 minutes before making the next layer. Just so stuff stays put and you don’t end up with a mumble jumbled mess because no one likes those right?!
So what’s the verdict on Christmas? Ready? Presents bought? Already started? For me our 8 Christmas celebrations have already started. That’s right EIGHT. Just family celebrations. Well nine if you could the hubby, Miss K and my celebration! Craziness has began!
Festive Mint Cream Dessert
- 3/4 cup butter divided
- 16 oz package Oreos
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles optional
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. You can stick this in the fridge to help it cool faster. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles.
Recipe From: Taste of Home
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Semi Homemade Mom