MMMMonster JIGGLERS ~ Cute and fun treats to make with the kids for Halloween!
Do you ever look back at your childhood and remember certain things? Sometimes the most random things, but ever so important to create that amazing family bond that is still going strong today? When I was growing up I remember my mom sitting at the kitchen table with me and my younger brother playing game upon game of Yahtzee and Skip-Bo. She may have had a house to clean, laundry to do and dishes piling up but we could always get her to agree to a few games on a weekend afternoon. You know what? Looking back I don’t remember the laundry, dishes and dirty house but I do remember those family moments that have been forever captured in my mind.
Now as I’m “growing up” I’m doing my best to re-created these moments for my child and my nieces and nephews. Since I’m a big cooker and baker one way I’ve bonded with my niece is through baking. Long before I had little Miss K my niece and I were make a mess in the kitchen together and over the years it’s become a favorite shared past time. In fact now she’s like, “Julie, do we need to blog this?” And off she goes to find my camera and take some test shots. She has also mastered the art of licking that spatula clean! I hope that I can move forward and share this bond with little Miss K also. And when they both “grow old” like me they remember the giggles and messes we shared in the kitchen.
When I was going to make up a batch of these MMMMonster JIGGLERS I knew my niece was just the person to call. How fun would she have with this one? So we got to work one afternoon and me have shared a few giggles and messes but that’s the part I love. Getting to share that conversation with her that we easily forget to make time for. The kitchen is “our” time with no boys allowed!
If you are looking for a fun Halloween activity to create memories over go grab your JELL-O and get to work in the kitchen! I promise even if they don’t turn out perfectly it will be a lasting memory cherished for a very long time!
- 1-2/3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 of 3-oz. pkg.) JELL-O Grape Flavor Gelatin
- 32 pieces red string licorice (1/2 inch)
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- Spray 24 (1-oz.) plastic shot glasses with cooking spray. Place shot glasses on a baking sheet with sides.
- Put lime gelatin mix in a medium bowl. Boil 1 1/3 c. water and add to lime gelatin; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- While that is cooling boil remaining 1/3 c. of water and mix it with grape gelatin in a small bowl; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Spoon about 1 tsp into prepared shot glasses. Put shot glasses in fridge for about 10 minutes or until starting to set up. Spoon lime gelatin over grape gelatin. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Unmold JIGGLERS onto tray just before serving. Insert 2 licorice pieces into opposite sides of JIGGLERS for the neck bolts. Decorate with gel to resemble monsters as shown in photo.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 60kcal Calories from fat 3|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
did you make this recipe?
Tag @gimmesomegrilling on Instagram and hashtag it #julieseatsandtreats
Looking for more JELL-O inspired Halloween treats? Check out these recipes!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.